IGNORED

purchasing in Ebay

Note: This thread is 5971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use ebay alot and have saved alot of money on my clubs doing so.

Yes check for a good feedback rating on each seller. Do beware of fake clubs they are out there. However if you shop wisely you shouldn't have a problem.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

Click this search link for all that you wanted to know about Ebay...

http://www.thesandtrap.com/forum/sea...searchid=21162

I have bought shoes, towels, umbrellas, and a wedge from Ebay from reputable sellers. One seller operates out of his golf shop and has a legitimate operation, but some on this forum have not had great experiences.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I have found Ebay to be great. Good selection, even with lefty stuff, and prices are great. You have to be diligent with who you buy from, but once you find the good sellers, just favorite them and repeat biz them later.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

also look at what a seller has been selling when they have a good rating - i have seen many accounts hacked where the seller had a 2000+ rating selling one thing and all of the sudden there is a high ticket item totally unrelated to what they have sold previously

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like ebay, but for stuff like golf I just don't trust people enough, my own problem maybe, or I just don't feel like losing money I worked for.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I've bought and sold on ebay, and absolutely love it. I collect clubs and it's the best way to find them. I've bought at least 15 sets there. Sellers on ebay now-a-days have huge numbers of feedback, which will more often than not highly favor the positive side. I don't really even look at feedback. Try asking the seller a question and see how helpful/fast they are to reply.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've bought and sold on ebay, and absolutely love it. I collect clubs and it's the best way to find them. I've bought at least 15 sets there. Sellers on ebay now-a-days have huge numbers of feedback, which will more often than not highly favor the positive side. I don't really even look at feedback. Try asking the seller a question and see how helpful/fast they are to reply.

I agree you should always make contact with the seller before buying, if they arent answering your questions then something shady might be going on. Like Ben I've bought and sold over 60 items on ebay many of which are golf clubs. Buying used clubs from positive sellers is a good way to make sure you're not going to receive a fake. Im always catious about buying new on ebay. I bought several wedges, 4 drivers, 5 iron sets, 3 woods/hybrids. Its a great way to save money. The only bad deal i got was a refurbished Titleist 983k with what i believe was a fake Aldila NVS shaft.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I love ebay for golf equipment. i bought every club you see in my signature minus one wedge all in new or mint condition the last couple years and totaled under $750 no lie.

One problem I ran into were the scams where someone would get your email thats listed on your profile and send you an offer for a similar piece of equipment that you were bidding on but didn't win. They pretend to be the same seller on the auction claiming to have a "second item". The email has fake Ebay logos and looks just like an auction page so very deceiving. They then ask you to send them your address and payment information on email and NOT through the safe Ebay system which is where you get screwed. I almost fell for this and would have if I wasn't paying attention or didn't know how stuff worked.

I agree you should always make contact with the seller before buying, if they arent answering your questions then something shady might be going on. Like Ben I've bought and sold over 60 items on ebay many of which are golf clubs. Buying used clubs from positive sellers is a good way to make sure you're not going to receive a fake. Im always catious about buying new on ebay.

Last year with the persistance of friends I ventured on to Ebay to by a Driver.

After two months of cruising and learning the do's and don'ts I finally bought a Bridgestone J33R 460 Driver for $180 all in with the shipping. I checked buddies rating - 100% no issues in the past blah blah blah. The first sign there was a problem was when the driver arrived and it was a J33R 425 Driver and not the 460. I let the seller know and he made some lame excuse that he didn't know. I didn't really care that much about the difference in the head size so I left well enough alone. This was in January and since I live in the great north I didn't get around to hitting it until April. I did happen to notice, before I hit it, a small paint chip at the base of the hosel where it met the crown of the driver but I didn't think anything of it. I was telling some of my buddies about the paint chip and they wondered if it could be a sign of a small crack and they told me to water test the club. I did and sure enough the bubbles coming from the paint chip indicated a crack. This is where it becomes a comedy of errors. Sort of like the Titantic I did everything wrong. I contacted the seller but he said I must have damaged the club since I had for 3 months. I then realized I wasn't going to get my money back from him (without a fight with paypal that would see me lose the driver be credited with only the cost of the driver and have to pay for the shipping= nothing). So I took it upon myself to try and fix the problem. I removed the paint from the driver found the crack - about 5mm long and drilled two small holes at each end to stop the migration. I then epoxy coated the crack and let it dry. Meanwhile I recieved an email from Bridgestone in reply to inquiry if cracks were common in this area of there driver. The response was yes sometimes with higher swingspeeds. It went on further to say that I should take the driver to the closest dealer for a replacement. This email came in as the epoxy was drying. Obviously I could not take the driver in now that I had screwed with it so much. So I laughed chalked it up to fate and went and bought a taylormade r7460 never to darken the ebay store door again.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

FWIW, I bought my driver, putter and wedges on ebay from 3ballsgolf and globalgolf. Both have over 100,000 transactions with perfect or near perfect feedback. The condition of the clubs was exactly as described or better when I received them and the prices were great. And I have verified that the clubs are authentic. I would recommend them to anybody.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

FWIW, I bought my driver, putter and wedges on ebay from 3ballsgolf and globalgolf. Both have over 100,000 transactions with perfect or near perfect feedback. The condition of the clubs was exactly as described or better when I received them and the prices were great. And I have verified that the clubs are authentic. I would recommend them to anybody.

I have also used these two sellers and been happy.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

I love it. Got a $120 Taylormade rac tp satin wedge for $50 with shipping in great condition. Although make sure that they have detailed pictures of the item, not just a description and also a 98% or higher feedback rating.
Also looking to find a used set of Mizuno or Hogan blades soon on ebay

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

I bought almost everything in my bag from ebay.

Driver
3 Wood
Irons
putter
golf bag
mizuno jacket
golf shoes
zero restriction outer wear

You must be careful to check the seller's:

1) the more transactions with 100% feedback or close to 100%, the safer
2) Go and read the bad feedback of the seller's
3) E-mail the seller and see how quickly he responds and answer any questions you might have.

I've only been hurt once out of 56 transaction. I even had a seller mail me something for free because they did not have the item I won in stock.

I have save lots of money and found many more items on ebay that its a great resource for almost everything.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!