IGNORED

Redditor reviews Mevo

Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It doesn't say much, sounds like the guy did a quick out of the box test he'll be comparing it to a Trackman later, will keep an eye out for that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate you @nevets88. Or more specifically, my wife will :-P

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

55 minutes ago, billchao said:

I hate you @nevets88. Or more specifically, my wife will :-P

What? Wait You gonna buy one? :-P

That's just some shmuck on Reddit. Who knows if he's just in the honeymoon phase. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

What? Wait You gonna buy one? :-P

That's just some shmuck on Reddit. Who knows if he's just in the honeymoon phase. 

I figured we could split one, and since I live by more practice facilities, I'd hold onto it for when you came down.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

I figured we could split one, and since I live by more practice facilities, I'd hold onto it for when you came down.

I PM'd you. Here's another forum's thread on it. Apparently you need stickers on the ball for the spin number, we can split that too. 

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/flightscope/99016-500-flightscope-low-end-model

Steve

I got my mevo on friday, but only had a chance to use it for a little bit yesterday. 

I had trouble getting it to pick up shots, because I didn't use the "sight" they put on the top of it to line up your ball. Next time I get to use it I will use that and mark on my mat where the ball goes. 

As far as the data, I was too excited and didn't set the elevation in the app, so it was a little off. Not by much though, I hit with the metal dots and without and with an iron it had a minimal impact on distance difference. 

I got the mevo so I can hit in my cage at home and see what my carry is, at least initially. My goal this year is to get my driving distance up, and the nearest range is about a 40 minute drive. I'll probably still go at least once a week though so I can see my ball flight.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Taigolf said:

I read from the other forum that you may require a minimal distance (ball to net & ball to mevo) for home's golf net. Do you have any problem with that?

I have a 10 x 10 x 10 hitting "cage" that my mat sits inside, I did have some issues with it not picking up on some hits but I think that was more because I didn't have it setup properly than the flight time.

Capture.PNG

On 5/2/2017 at 10:19 AM, Slowcelica said:

I have a 10 x 10 x 10 hitting "cage" that my mat sits inside, I did have some issues with it not picking up on some hits but I think that was more because I didn't have it setup properly than the flight time.

Update to this, FS released an app update that forced you to move the mevo back from the tee to at least 5 feet. That fixed my issues with it not picking up shots. So I think 8' is enough, but 10' from the net would be ideal.

Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!