IGNORED

What Would a 20.1 (see post #95) Index Shoot at a Local U.S. Open Qualifier Site?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 1620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Hardspoon said:

Yikes. What were the distances?

212, 227, 200, 165 (hit a 6 iron I think), 235

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So the bogey rating is 100.8. So 110 seems about right...  Take the blow-up holes out... He probably shoots about 100-102... Or plays to his course handicap, he'd still shoot 100. (Techinically 99.4 but there isn't .4 of a stroke it's either a stroke or it isn't).

I'm a 7.3 or 6.8 depending on who is doing the slope rating of my course. My course handicap would 9 either way but I'd probably shoot in the 90s.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I was just hoping to prove the math wrong for once. IMG_0332.PNG

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

4 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

74.4 142. He had a 12 on a par 4 and a 10 on a par 5. Other than that he was 50-60 yards shorter off the tee and played for double bogey at worst. Took 4 hours and 20 mins. Hit driver on every par 3 and somehow got them to stop on the green. He laid up from 130 on 18 just to be an asshole about it then 3 putted for an 8. 

Shorter than what? His usual drive? Your drive? 

First, @kpaulhus, thanks for starting the thread and keeping us up to date. Having a slightly higher HC than Ben, it was interesting to me.

I guess I have a lot to learn about the HC system and course ratings. I'm still not sure how some of you were so confident Ben would have (or at least should have) won the bet so easily. But you were right.

All I could do is go by my game which is so wildly inconsistent that shooting above 120 on this course seemed very possible - if not likely.

Jon

14 hours ago, Killa said:

Shorter than what? His usual drive? Your drive? 

Shorter than the group.

Kyle Paulhus

How much $$ did the "20" win?  With all the noise about this demonstration, it should have been quite lucrative.

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

How much $$ did the "20" win?  With all the noise about this demonstration, it should have been quite lucrative.

Well, it cost him $140 to walk my course, and he won $150, so he got a free round and a beer on the 3 of us that bet him. 

Kyle Paulhus

• 2 years later...

I’m thinking 115-120

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Note: This thread is 1620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!