IGNORED

Will I go to jail??

CMartis
Note: This thread is 2528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What laws am I breaking by strapping my 4 year old in the empty bag slot on the back of the golf cart??? :-P

Edited by CMartis
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• CMartis changed the title to Will I go to jail??

You broke the most serious of laws: golf course etiquette!

Beware, the USGA will be hunting for you. You'll have a 4 stroke penalty when you least expect it.

It's an old pasture course. Greens are good but the fairways and tee boxes are hard as a rock. I had to find an old tee hole to use every time I teed off. Needless to say, if there is a dress code here, it is not enforced.  This is the only course I take my son to at his age. I try to make sure he has a great time. Maybe he'll start playing when he's a little older. 

You are going to burn in Hell!

I wish I had thought of it when the grand kids were younger.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

It's better than duct taping him to the roof...  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

It's fine; he's wearing his seatbelt.

My kids used to do this on my mom's golf cart at her campground, and that's exactly what she said when I saw it and asked, "What the hell, ma?!". :-D 

I can't say I loved it. I was always worried the strap would let go, but it never did. Honestly, in your case I'd be more worried about that open drain next to the green. Yikes! Looks like something Lassie would have to go get Farmer Johnson or call the Sheriff for. :-)

open-drain.png.14055d131de4e2634f55d5ae12f4317b.png

Edited by roamin

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

No legal problems, just social: the upscale private courses might object if you buckled him into place with a military cargo strap. :-O

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

10 hours ago, CMartis said:

What laws am I breaking by strapping my 4 year old in the empty bag slot on the back of the golf cart??? :-P

Read more  

He may count as an extra club! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

nice approach shot there.

Doesn't happen much with me. You know I had to include that! lol 

It's probably frowned upon by most marshals.  There's probably a course legal liability issue with improper riding too...  As a kid, I would have done it if I wasn't too busy riding my bike around without a helmet to the local baseball field to play with the neighborhood kids unsupervised.

i occasionally bring either my 5 or 7 year old kid with me and they do get bored just sitting in the cart.  My daughter has sat down and rode along in the empty bag slot, but she's also fallen out on a bump or two.  Not bad on the grass, but painful on the cart path. 

At my home course they told me no riders allowed under 7 years old.

Note: This thread is 2528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!