IGNORED

Golf Posture 2 O'Clock Bent Over

Is there anything wrong with a 2 o clock bent over stance ? I've been   Bending more and more forward and noticed 2 o clock is my sweet spot. I'm closing to the ball and I feel I strike it more solid on center every time. It even improves my body turns.

is 2 o clock a flaw or bandaid or I can play with this ? I used to be really upright somewhere between 12 and 1 that caused triceps to always be connected to my chest but felt it my swing was very flat.

its funny how many things can creep into your game without thinking. You really gotta take journal notes and review once in a while to make sure you haven't developed anything new.

putting stance is like 2 to 3 o clock now

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi there @hack2scratch. Have you checked out this thread? Lots of pictures and conversations on posture. I think you should check this out and maybe post your question there within that conversation.

• Upvote 1

Michael

32 minutes ago, hack2scratch said:

its funny how many things can creep into your game without thinking. You really gotta take journal notes and review once in a while to make sure you haven't developed anything new.

This is very true.  

Drop a picture or video of your version of 2 o'clock 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Set up and posture is the part of my game i work on the most. I once heard someone mentioning sitting on the edge of one of those portable stools as a good feel for how your posture should be. I still use that idea today for my posture. 

2 hours ago, hack2scratch said:

I used to be really upright somewhere between 12 and 1 that caused triceps to always be connected to my chest but felt it my swing was very flat.

Do you hit a lot of thin shots?

This is probably my biggest trouble spot too - my shoulders get too flat. Unfortunately that is what's comfortable for me. Maybe with me next set of irons I will consider getting fit for a couple degrees flat. Anyway, If this flat swing creeps in during a round I will slow down my practice swing and try to take a divot, that usually forces me turn my left shoulder under my chin.  

• Administrator

2 o'clock is really far bent over… 60°.

I don't know that you're actually as far bent over as you think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

This is 2 o'clock.   60º.    

60.png

That's 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock, but you're measuring from the wrong axis.

People stand vertically, so 2 o'clock is bent over 60°. Most people are between 30-40°, 60° is pretty extreme.

Analyzr Image Export 50%.jpg

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Yeah, kind of thought we had a trig problem there. He measured the wrong angle. Should have measured from vertical. Would have shown 30*.

I still think the OP means 60 degrees. 2 o'clock.

True. I was referring to dennyjones' diagram which, if measured from the vertical axis is 30*. I should have quoted it. And I agree, a bend to 2 o'clock, or 60* from vertical is pretty extreme. I didn't make myself clear.

43 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

True. I was referring to dennyjones' diagram which, if measured from the vertical axis is 30*. I should have quoted it. And I agree, a bend to 2 o'clock, or 60* from vertical is pretty extreme. I didn't make myself clear.

My haste was the problem.   @iacas, you are correct in the 60º assessment.  My bad..

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 5 years later...
On 6/1/2017 at 9:09 AM, mchepp said:

Hi there @hack2scratch. Have you checked out this thread? Lots of pictures and conversations on posture. I think you should check this out and maybe post your question there within that conversation.

I miss the days when the first response on a thread used to be "please dont post on a zombie thread" or" I have no expertise or knowledge to answer your question, but ...".

ps ...my other favorite posts now are by scratch golfers who have 2 or 3 serious if not crippling swing issues.

1 hour ago, hoganbenn said:

I miss the days when the first response on a thread used to be "please dont post on a zombie thread" or" I have no expertise or knowledge to answer your question, but ...".

ps ...my other favorite posts now are by scratch golfers who have 2 or 3 serious if not crippling swing issues.

My favorite posts are those that are responding to posts that are five years old…😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Golf Posture 2 O'Clock Bent Over