IGNORED

Anonymous pro claims there's a known cheater on tour.

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 6/11/2017 at 0:27 AM, Buckeyebowman said:

Mehh, not buying it! They don't call fouls that are clearly committed because because the player will be sad?! Come on now! And let's not forget that she fell victim to her own carelessness, but the "HD rules", which supposedly have been dealt with.

Good point. And I don't know how much of this goes on anymore, considering the PC world we now live in.

I read an interview with Payne Stewart where he talked about playing on the Ryder Cup team that played at Jack's home course, Muirfield, in Dublin, Ohio, with Jack as the captain.

They lost that Ryder Cup and Jack was as mad as a hornet! Jack buttonholed Stewart in the locker room and read him the riot act. No one else around. To the best of my recollection Jack said, "You know what Payne? I just don't get you! You have talent galore, and you cash a lot of checks and make a lot of money. But, you should be winning! You should win championships! Majors! And I don't understand why you don't!"

Stewart said that's what lit the fire under him to finally win that US Open.

You made me sad. Payne Stewart is the only player I liked as much as Tiger when I was a teen. He is still missed. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/10/2017 at 0:02 PM, Hardspoon said:

I finally got around to reading the article. I would bet money this story is greatly exaggerated, if not completely fabricated.

There are just enough "hints" to make people want to speculate, but they are broad enough to not give away an identity.

Also...it never explicitly says this cheater is on the PGA Tour (as long as there are players who have played the Masters but are now on the web.com).

I may be wrong, but my bullshit detector went off big-time.

Maybe this... There is much on the web these days to generate excitement in a sport, a celeb, etc... Golf, as we see it without Tiger is boring. I don't think so, but those making money off of it, DFS, PGA, Sports clothing, etc. need more more more... It isn't always about making and or supplying a good product and good service. Now things are smoke and mirror, look over here while I cheat you over there..

Call it out once in a while, ask a question or have a theory about an alternate view, i.e. question the online stability of a situation and they come out of the woodwork to protect their product.. 

You can get away with an article like this as long as you don't name names... What happens from the posting ? Forum Chat, and hits on there website... That is it really, nothing more... They make money on the unique visits and go back to the think pad...

On 6/10/2017 at 0:02 PM, Hardspoon said:

I finally got around to reading the article. I would bet money this story is greatly exaggerated, if not completely fabricated.

There are just enough "hints" to make people want to speculate, but they are broad enough to not give away an identity.

Also...it never explicitly says this cheater is on the PGA Tour (as long as there are players who have played the Masters but are now on the web.com).

I may be wrong, but my bullshit detector went off big-time.

Yeah I get that, but my curiosity is that Phil Michelson, in a live press conference, stated "there are some guys out there who are pretty loose with their ball marking." 

I don't think Phil would make such a comment if there wasn't something behind it. And I doubt he's the only one that sees it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 9:13 PM, StefanUrkel said:

He said the guy just finished high in a weather delay event for FedEx point. Not Vijay. Pat Perez? 

It probably isn't fair to these guys to throw out guesses. 

• Upvote 1

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

2 minutes ago, ssbn611 said:

It probably isn't fair to these guys to throw out guesses. 

LOL.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Tour_Balata100 said:

The Cheater is David Hearn ... Phil wouldn’t sign his Card. 

I played with him in 2011 in the Canadian Open and he is always looking for an edge 

Well he anchors...but outside of that I’ve never heard anything. Interesting.

Perhaps the writer is looking for an edge himself.  His playing partners will fear him turning them in for any and all possible rule violation and thus play with a lot of tension.  I have played with such an individual and sorry to say it was a joy to call a two stroke penalty on him on the 18th hole!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

I wouldn't accept the word of @Tour_Balata100. I won't share his email address, but it gives NO confidence that he's a PGA Tour player.

And this topic is over a year old.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Well I think we shld first take that article with a grain of salt with what they said because they will write anyting to sell copies. But that much money that's involved I can see someone doing that but also why take that kind of risk and have that come out you'll be known as the cheater. And if you're going to cheat at this game what's this sense even playing it that's was what my grandfather always told me 

Note: This thread is 2034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!