IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Revitalized in 2017 (**Two New Models!**)

Note: This thread is 1236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Original looks really good but the Outsider looks perfect for wogging in the mall with khakis pulled over your belly button while working up an appetite for County Buffet. Should be a big hit for the assisted living set. I loved the Sensei, still have 3 pair NIB,  make it waterproof and you have my business for life. 

Style is individual… but all of my college kids liked them. So… yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone go from Footjoy to the Originals? Just trying to get a sense on sizing. For normal shoes, I wear a 9 1/2 or a 10, but my Footjoy shoes are 9, and fit perfectly. Just wondering if I should match the Footjoy, or my non-golf shoes.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, hilmar2k said:

Anyone go from Footjoy to the Originals? Just trying to get a sense on sizing. For normal shoes, I wear a 9 1/2 or a 10, but my Footjoy shoes are 9, and fit perfectly. Just wondering if I should match the Footjoy, or my non-golf shoes.

I wear a larger size in FootJoy than I do in the originals or the Originals (the middle years in TRUE's history were a bit smaller to size). The toe box and width of FootJoys was always a bit narrower, too.

I'll ask my guys at TRUE, but I think they'll say try the 9. You can return them for a different size if they don't fit well walking around your house. They just ask that you wear them minimally until you're sure the fit is good (so they can re-stock them).

I'll update if they respond.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I typically wear a 10.5 in other shoes and a 10.0 in the TRUE's. This is more to do with the width of the shoe. My foot is a size 10, around 2E width. So, I typically have to move up one size to gain slightly more width in the shoe.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, iacas said:

I'll update if they respond.

They surprised me and said to try the 9, @hilmar2k.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

http://truelinkswear.com/true-original/

There are two new colorways, and I'm going to pick up a pair of the grey/green ones. The all-green ones would be pretty sweet if you were more of a khaki guy, I think.

8435_source_1515633144.png8434_source_1515633114.png

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

http://truelinkswear.com/true-original/

There are two new colorways, and I'm going to pick up a pair of the grey/green ones. The all-green ones would be pretty sweet if you were more of a khaki guy, I think.

Man, those look great! I don't suppose they make women's shoes?

No, they don't.:-(

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

They would look cool with these Nike golf pants. Too bad they're on clearance.

833186-325-PHSFH001.jpg 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

On 8/21/2017 at 10:57 PM, iacas said:

minimal support

Granted the original post is from a while back, but I wondered if you could clarify "minimal support".  Does this refer to minimal arch support?  I like some small amount of support, but I don't like it to feel like I'm wearing inserts.  Is there at least something there to support the arch? 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Eric C said:

Granted the original post is from a while back, but I wondered if you could clarify "minimal support".  Does this refer to minimal arch support?  I like some small amount of support, but I don't like it to feel like I'm wearing inserts.  Is there at least something there to support the arch? 

Yes. By "support" I meant two things. First, how stiff the shoe is. Second, how much arch support the shoe has.

By "supporting" the arch we actually, over time, weaken it. In walking barefoot, your arch has to strengthen and support yourself. So true minimalist shoes have very little "structure" in the arch.

They have a 30-day try-out period. They just ask that you wear them around your house at first rather than running right to the course and getting them dirty in case you do return them.

Well, WELL worth giving a shot.

Not too sure on the style of the "original" range. Might grow on me the more i see them. Cant seem to find a UK stockist. All i can find are True PHX and Vegas shoes which to be frank dont look very appealing.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

How do these compare to the protos or Senseis? I think those 2 models were the 2 most comfortable golf shoes i ever tried. Senseis would be #1 had they been waterproof. Anyway the originals look great. Was thinking of getting them but the prior gens after the senseis were not very good. Size 11.5 in senseis and protos. Would imagine the same for the originals 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

They're much closer to the Protos. About the same, maybe with a bit stiffer outside (but in a better looking way, and not "stiff" - just not as "slouchy" as the Protos.

They're, IMO, the best shoes on the market today. With the Outsiders a close second.

I am seriously considering giving them a go. Recent shoe was the ecco speed hybrid. A bit underwhelming to say the least. Glad to know originals have the brought the comfort back. I walk 95% of my rounds. Waterproof and comfort a must. Now the fun part the colOr. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

Try it. With the 30-day thing, you've got nothing to lose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, tinker said:

Look like nerd shoes

Thanks for the insight.

I like 'em.

I prefer to be called a geek.

• Like 1

@iacas Have you gotten any mud or dirt on the cloth upper part of your "Originals" ? The rest of the shoe looks easy to just wipe off, curious about how easily the cloth upper part would be to clean/keep clean. 

It is a dark color so it probably doesnt show dirt that easily, but still. thinking about getting the blue/gray Originals.

I've also been hesistant of spikeless golf shoes. Any issues with slipping? I play early in the morning throughout the summer and theres often quite a bit of dew on the course most rounds.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 1236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!