IGNORED

Music on the Course - When Did This Become a Thing?

wedge player
Note: This thread is 1067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont listen to music while playing golf and I think it would be too much of a distraction. Not to mention you arent going to hear if someone yells, "fore".

my thoughts exactly... during warm up/practice/range time... ill listen to music...

but on the course im too paranoid over getting brained by a rock hard top flite distance ball that some guy hit while im waiting for a shot... and he probably didnt yell 'fore' but i wanna at least be able to hear it if he did
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

when we play real golf, I don't listen to music. When we play wolf or other gambling games my Ipod with external speakers is turned on before we hit our first shots. Most of the music is classic rock, blues, or maybe some Stevie Ray Vaughan. The older guys don't like the rock music of today, so I don't play it.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

• 8 months later...
Never have. It seems like it would just ruin the flow of the course for me. I like to hear the birds, the bugs, the wind, and the occasional splash of someone else's ball into the lake.

Maiden.... Course my ipod got stolen so its been a while since Aces High as been played on a golf course now.

Sweet.

I like the Charlotte the Harlot era Maiden, too. Dang, this is bringing back some memories. I love listening to Snoop and Dre on the way to the course....the background beat is very much a golf tempo on many tracks. You've gotta to listen past the gangbanging gun toting bullcrap and get the core beat. It's all about a golf swing and smooth striding up to your ball.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'll listen to music on my way up to the course but once i get there i don't think i could ever play a round with my ipod it would be to distracting. Plus like others have said i consider my time on the course sacred and don't like to ruin it with things like ipods or cell phones.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

• 2 years later...

How many of you will bring out an ipod/speaker system with you on the course?

I'm not talking about a loud stereo, just something for you and your group to enjoy on the tee box, putting greens, and walking/riding down the fairway.  Make sure you turn it down when you are close to another group that might be able to hear it.

We don't do this when playing with strangers who are uptight or anal, but it is something our group frequently does.  Why not?  I have done it over a hundred times and never once had a problem or word from a ranger or marshal about this.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I had never even thought about it until my brother in law pulled out his phone and started playing pandora one day. Now it's one of the first things I'll do in the cart. It's always on relaxed music, and turned down when we come near other groups.

Exactly.  The key is to make sure you don't bother other groups.  Be aware of other holes and tee boxes and greens.

Most of the ipod speakers are pretty low volume, so you cannot really hear them more than 20 yards away anyway.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I'm constantly working while I play with another couple guys in the same line of work. We have the jawbone for music. There are times I enjoy a nice quiet music free round though.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

If i saw that on the course i would look up the phone number of the course on my phone, and call them to have a ranger come out. I would not allow speakers of any kind. Now if your a single and you have head phones in, that is maybe if the course is open, so as not to disturb someone else..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We already have an idiot at one tee box that has his radio on for everyone in the neighborhood to hear - between that and his yellow speedo, he needs to be shot. Everyone tells me what a nice guy he is, but if he was my neighbor, I would be a bit upset.

Apparently the noise from lighting a cigar 150 yards away from some players at our course disturbs their swing, so I doubt I will ever see anyone playing any kind of music at our club.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If i saw that on the course i would look up the phone number of the course on my phone, and call them to have a ranger come out. I would not allow speakers of any kind. Now if your a single and you have head phones in, that is maybe if the course is open, so as not to disturb someone else..

Why? Why would you even care?

What's in the bag

I hate to say this to a fellow Buckeye fan, but get over yourself and re read his original post. I doubt that a private club will let it happen, but we do it regularly at public courses and don't bother a soul. It's even caught on over the years, I see it more and more.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I typically don't care what people do, but it really annoyed me at the range the other day when a guy about 20' away used his ipad to play music loud enough for me to hear clearly.  He had a group of three other guys join him soon, so I didn't feel like complaining.  It didn't bother me/my swing/my practice, but it was annoying.

On the course, I guess I would just find it inconsiderate if it were loud enough for other golfers to hear. Otherwise, knock yourself out!

Never played music on the course, personally, I don't think I would like it.  For me that's time to bond, I generally play with my dad, brother, son-in-law, daughter, so I would rather talk with them than listen to music.

I've been playing rounds by myself lately, and honestly, I don't hear very well, so to have music playing so I can hear would probably be too loud and disrupt other golfers.  I also find that while I'm golfing is the time for me to just reflect on a long week or the week to come.  I'll listen to music in the car on the way to the course and home and then I can crank it up!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 1067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!