Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
saevel25

Hurricane IRMA

Note: This thread is 761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

56 posts / 4300 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

4 hours ago, David in FL said:

Stock up on non-perishable food items my ass...

Seared sea scallops (those 3 weigh in at over 1/2 lb), nicely rare ribeye with butter poached sweet peppers, salad, and and a nice Napa Cab.  :-)

IMG_1777.JPG

Surf & Turf with a Cab? Might have been better served with a fine Pinot Noir!

My Sis is stuck down there because they made the decision to run too late! The roads were choked, and the fuel situation was getting chancy! I'm waiting for news, but don't know how she'll get it out. She could have a fully charged cell phone, but if the cell towers don't have power, she can't get out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Surf & Turf with a Cab? Might have been better served with a fine Pinot Noir!

My Sis is stuck down there because they made the decision to run too late! The roads were choked, and the fuel situation was getting chancy! I'm waiting for news, but don't know how she'll get it out. She could have a fully charged cell phone, but if the cell towers don't have power, she can't get out!

It's a hurricane, I had to make do as best I could under the harsh conditions... ;-) 

At least it wasn't one of those hideous Chardonnays that are such the rage these days with those who have no palate whatsoever... :-D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I am still in one piece. My patio screen door is hanging on by a thread, but everything else seems ok. 

Cool!

However, I heard on a live feed that 58% of FL is without power? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Something like 6 million without power.  It's out all around me, but somehow mine is still on.

Really pretty light damage overall given the storm though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Something like 6 million without power.  It's out all around me, but somehow mine is still on.

Really pretty light damage overall given the storm though.

Pretty much same here. Lost power around 2am but back on. Lost part of my fence...lol, but all is well here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Glad to hear you guys pulled through.

Ditto!

I'm really glad it wasn't as bad as the weather/climate models predicted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glad everybody seems to be okay. Seems like we got lucky in that it was merely a bad storm instead of a historic one. That said...

18 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I lost power about an hour ago. Wifi still running on battery backup. Lots of tornado warnings. This is insanity. 

I'm saving this post for whenever you gloat in a winter depression thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, David in FL said:

It's a hurricane, I had to make do as best I could under the harsh conditions... ;-) 

At least it wasn't one of those hideous Chardonnays that are such the rage these days with those who have no palate whatsoever... :-D 

I'd like to know which Chards those are! The big, fat, "butter popcorn" ones, or those with some acidity and spine! I've had both that I could enjoy, but I don't like extremes! If I had a preference, it would be the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hope all you Florida guys are ok?

I had been watching it on the news over here and was shocked how strong it was. If we Brits had your weather we wouldnt be able to cope. If we get 75mph "gusts" then the apocalypse is coming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looking across my course.  This is 3 holes, 11,12, and 17. 12 is an island green reminiscent of 17 at Sawgrass.  Ordinarily, the crown of the green is at least 8' above the water level.  It's completely submerged.

 

 

IMG_1811.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Looking across my course.  This is 3 holes, 11,12, and 17. 12 is an island green reminiscent of 17 at Sawgrass.  Ordinarily, the crown of the green is at least 8' above the water level.  It's completely submerged.

 

 

IMG_1811.JPG

Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...