IGNORED

Who is "That Guy" at your club?

bones75
Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, RussUK said:

"BOOM, there you go people, best shot you'll see all week."

I love the line actually, and enjoy playing w/ commentators,so long as they're not the negative kind.  An old playing partner would always have something to say after every shot and he was never negative, and it was fun. I would say I actually preferred playing with him. In part maybe cuz I'm kinda the quieter type and he filled 90% of the silence (while still being proper etiquette)

The one that annoys me the most is the PGA Pro who plays off 18 and comments on everything along the lines of "why didn't you play an 8 iron and lay up". That one gets me particularly!

In the end I gave my LSW book to him to shut him the f88k up about laying up! Didn't work though!! :)

Now look what you have done @bones75! You've got me all excited and ruined my day now cause I can't stop thinking about how much THAT GUY works me up on the course!!! :-P

Regards

Mailman

Edited by mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 09/15/2017 at 10:31 AM, NM Golf said:

His issue was he was just a jerk. One of those guys more interested in trying to call a penalty on someone else than playing his own game. Never had anything nice to say. Bothered by every sound, blamed every bad shot (and there were a lot of them) on everything except himself. I once played with him where he blamed a bad shot on a fish jumping in the pond. He wasn't even close to the pond!

We have a couple of penalty guys on our course. Other than that I only see "that guy" when I play other courses.

The guy I ran into the most is exaggerater guy, this guy is always looking for his drive 75-100 yards further up the fairway than it goes.

Second most run into guy, who is similar to the exaggerater guy, is the short hitting guy that has a son that hits 350 yard drives but doesn't regularly play.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

The guy I ran into the most is exaggerater guy, this guy is always looking for his drive 75-100 yards further up the fairway than it goes.

Oh I love exaggerater guy! I get a kick out of yelling to him, "Hey man your balls back here!" 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Oh I love exaggerater guy! I get a kick out of yelling to him, "Hey man your balls back here!" 

That's pretty much it. I watch the ball pretty close and this one guy hit a heavy slice into the wind and it killed any distance possible.  He was a hundred yards past where his ball landed looking for it. I said what the hell are you doing all the way up there. He said I like to work my way back to the ball.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Jack Nicklaus calls it the longest walk in golf.

My buddy is That Guy too, and not just w/ drives. We spent a long while looking for his ball over the green on a par 3 because he "totally flushed" it. We found it short of the bunkers in front of the green. Awkward...

7 minutes ago, bones75 said:

Jack Nicklaus calls it the longest walk in golf.

My buddy is That Guy too, and not just w/ drives. We spent a long while looking for his ball over the green on a par 3 because he "totally flushed" it. We found it short of the bunkers in front of the green. Awkward...

I had a dude do the exact opposite to me. After hitting an approach with a big mound between me and the green, he insisted I was way short of the green. After a search that included letting a single go through, I found it two feet off the back fringe.

Apparently I'm a "that guy" at my club but I don't think it's in a bad way though. I've said told this whole story before in another thread (how I found out I was "that guy") but the bottom line is that a lot of folks call me "speed golf guy." I laughed so hard when the person (a kid, actually) recognized me while he was a playing partner one day and went "OH! You're speed golf guy!!!" LOL

• Like 1

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!