IGNORED

NHL 2017-2018

Themightyoz
Note: This thread is 2115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I’m good, thanks.  I see the Habs took a chance on Hemsky.  I can remember when he was hands down Edmonton’s most exciting player.  

Yeah. I remember that to. ... Time does us all in sooner or later.

On another front, a buddy of mine just got the Center Ice package. He's, of all things, a re-invigorated Leaf fan. Yuck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

On another front, a buddy of mine just got the Center Ice package. He's, of all things, a re-invigorated Leaf fan. Yuck.

During my bachelor years I had Center Ice. The rare Saturday’s I had off were quite awesome.  Hockey would start at about 11 in the morning and run for a good twelve hours, even later if the Sharks or Kings were playing at home.  

Edit: I ate a lot of nachos 

Edited by Warren Zevon

Corey

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

During my bachelor years I had Center Ice. The rare Saturday’s I had off were quite awesome.  Hockey would start at about 11 in the morning and run for a good twelve hours, even later if the Sharks or Kings were playing at home.  

Edit: I ate a lot of nachos 

Sure with you way out west, there's a lot to watch. Your west-coast lot are on past my bed time. 

I had Center Ice for a few years before 1) I started trying to play golf and 2) before my cable bill became stupidly huge. Hard to justify the additional bill. Now I see a whole lot of CBJ and a lot less of the Canadiens. Maybe just as well this year. 

I can remember the payments for Center Ice were four shots of 50 bucks each.  Compared to going to see a live game NHL that's a hell of a deal.

I'm just happy the OIlers are five minutes into their game with Chicago and havent been scored on yet.

Corey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ugh.  I don’t know if the Oilers are guilty of reading too much of the press hype over the summer, but they’ve looked nothing like the team from last season.  

Our special teams suck monkey nuts.  

Corey

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Our special teams suck monkey nuts.  

Yup, and thank you!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Devils weak defense is getting exposed. Everyone knew coming into the season it was going to be terrible, but the hot start from the forwards made up for it for a while. Schneider stole a game earlier in the week in Vancouver but couldn't repeat last night in Edmonton.

Wonder if the offense can keep the boat afloat all season long.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5-8-1 now with Chicago today after an OT win at Winnipeg. Tough game to have to come back on.

Now if only Cary Price can recover from that hernia he sustained lugging his wallet around.

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Now if only Cary Price can recover from that hernia he sustained lugging his wallet around.

You know his extension doesn't kick in until next year, right? He still has a $6.5 mil cap hit this year, but it's going to get worse.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

You know his extension doesn't kick in until next year, right? He still has a $6.5 mil cap hit this year, but it's going to get worse.

I feel your pain. We have Lundqvist eating up the cap for a few more years yet. It's no longer a goalie league, gotta stop overpaying these guys to stay.

21 hours ago, billchao said:

Wonder if the offense can keep the boat afloat all season long.

Taylor Hall will put up points with a garbage can on the wing and a soda machine playing center.  

The Devils will be fine up front if they can get their players off the IR

Corey

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Slugox said:

It's no longer a goalie league, gotta stop overpaying these guys to stay.

Yeah it is. The single most important position in the sport, and arguably, any of the major sports.

10 minutes ago, Slugox said:

I feel your pain. We have Lundqvist eating up the cap for a few more years yet. It's no longer a goalie league, gotta stop overpaying these guys to stay.

I have no pain (in goal). Cory Schneider's cap hit is pretty reasonable at $6 mil.

6 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Taylor Hall will put up points with a garbage can on the wing and a soda machine playing center.  

No kidding. He's a huge driver of play going forward.

17 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

The Devils will be fine up front if they can get their players off the IR

They're arguably fine up front now since a lot of guys picked up the slack, but yea they're missing 3 top-6 forwards.

The D though... 

Bill

My Swing Thread

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah it is. The single most important position in the sport, and arguably, any of the major sports.

A dynamic number one center is way more important in team building, imo. As for overall, it's a QB.

19 minutes ago, Slugox said:

A dynamic number one center is way more important in team building, imo.

Agreed. Maybe it's easy for @iacas to forget that since his team has two of them :-P

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Slugox said:

A dynamic number one center is way more important in team building, imo. As for overall, it's a QB.

"Game manager" QBs have won Super Bowls.

And a number one center only plays 1/3 of the game.

Note: This thread is 2115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!