IGNORED

Why you shouldn't exercise to lose weight [Vox]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jcrane, have wondered about yoga but not sure how I’d squeeze into those tight pants or that I can even sport the look lol. I have been on the look out for a beginners yoga class. Has been hard to find one that fits my schedule I get Monday’s and Tuesday’s off. But thank you for the advice could use the stretching and flexibility also that’s gotta help your game right? 

48 minutes ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

Jcrane, have wondered about yoga but not sure how I’d squeeze into those tight pants or that I can even sport the look lol.

No need to worry about that, a t shirt and gym shorts will do just fine.  I just started doing yoga mainly to maintain flexibility and improve core strength.  Not sure if you're a member of the YMCA, but they offer a beginners class as well as a regular class.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/1/2018 at 3:57 AM, Maddmaxx63 said:

Jcrane, have wondered about yoga but not sure how I’d squeeze into those tight pants or that I can even sport the look lol. I have been on the look out for a beginners yoga class. Has been hard to find one that fits my schedule I get Monday’s and Tuesday’s off. But thank you for the advice could use the stretching and flexibility also that’s gotta help your game right? 

If golfers knew how much Yoga could help their golf game, they would all be doing it. First of all lengthening the muscles allow easier and greater rotation in the swing. 

secondly it builds dynamic strength in the body by forcing the various muscle groups to work together, especially if you do a slow version which is what I do and recommend.

Next it builds balance which we tend to lose as we age and need to keep it in check.

Now we it improve your golf score ? I do not know. How do you put. ? LOL It should but more importantly you will be able to play golf pain free which is well worth the effort

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, JCrane said:

If golfers knew how much Yoga could help their golf game, they would all be doing it. First of all lengthening the muscles allow easier and greater rotation in the swing. 

Lengthen muscles can also lose stability and strength. Yoga is good, but overdoing it can be detrimental to the game. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think yoga is a great low impact solution and the benefits for our game will be positive. Being more flexible and possibly with that will come less chance for injury. My lower back starts to hurt after a few holes and I have to sit for a few minutes then every few holes so sure that to will improve. Great advice. Thank you

I walk my dogs in the morning and the evening, about three miles of dog walking every day of the year.  There are maybe a dozen others that I see in the neighborhood that are everyday dog walkers.  Everyone of them is maintaining a good weight... there are no fat regular dog walkers in my neighborhood. 

I also walk golf courses.  I'm 60 years old, 5'11", 145 lbs., I'm maintaining a healthy weight mostly from walking.  I do streatching every day and light weight lifting several times a week but I'm not burning very many calories from those activities.  A lot of walking seems to be the main reason for my weight maintenance.

Diet... I eat and prepare food at home probably about 80% of the time, water and coffee is all I drink most days.  I don't feel as though I diet.

Edited by No Mulligans
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

I walk my dogs in the morning and the evening, about three miles of dog walking every day of the year.  There are maybe a dozen others that I see in the neighborhood that are everyday dog walkers.  Everyone of them is maintaining a good weight... there are no fat regular dog walkers in my neighborhood. 

I also walk golf courses.  I'm 60 years old, 5'11", 145 lbs., I'm maintaining a healthy weight mostly from walking.  I do streatching every day and light weight lifting several times a week but I'm not burning very many calories from those activities.  A lot of walking seems to be the main reason for my weight maintenance.

Diet... I eat and prepare food at home probably about 80% of the time, water and coffee is all I drink most days.  I don't feel as though I diet.

good for you ! great post ! I have a  friend who named his dog Five Miles, just so he can say he walks five miles every day LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

I think yoga is a great low impact solution and the benefits for our game will be positive. Being more flexible and possibly with that will come less chance for injury. My lower back starts to hurt after a few holes and I have to sit for a few minutes then every few holes so sure that to will improve. Great advice. Thank you

I can guarantee you will feel the difference over time. Just be patient and consistent

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 8:16 PM, JCrane said:

I can guarantee you will feel the difference over time. Just be patient and consistent

Yeah, once I'm done with school next month I'm going to incorporate yoga into my fitness regime once a week, primarily to increase flexibility.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 3/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, saevel25 said:

Lengthen muscles can also lose stability and strength. Yoga is good, but overdoing it can be detrimental to the game. 

That is a matter of being uninformed. It is true that some people who are hyper-flexible and type A people can over stretch the ligaments, but those people are anomalies. 

I have been doing Yoga for 20 years and have taught thousands of people and many golfers and Yoga can do nothing but help your game. 

another misconception is that Yoga is just stretching. Yoga is a full body transformation. It is a tool that can build strength in the entire body, especially the core  while at the same time adding balance. 

This gives the golf body everything it needs to perform the best swing possible

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

You can do exercise while losing weight, you should avoid the weightlifting while exercising. If you do regular exercise that speed up the process of weight loss. Maintain your strict diet and do according to the diet plan. You will definitely lose weight. 

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!