IGNORED

Clubs - 1,000 USD

Mr Wolf
Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First post here, great forum.

Need to upgrade my Tour Edge clubs - more than 15 years old. Looking for a complete new set.

What can I get for 1,000 USD, second hand?

I will be in the US, LA to be specific - wondering if their is a second hand shop I can buy?

Interested in second hand Taylormade M2, still pricey on their own website.

Does it help to visIT Roger Dunn shop in Santa Monica - can they have better prices than the pre owned stuff? Or what can I get for $1k? A year or two year old? Play every week.

Thanks

Mr. Wolf

Edited by Mr Wolf

$1000 USDs? You can pick up a new set of Tour Edge, or other quality brands for $500-$600.  Even less if you look harder. Some outlets will even throw in a cheap bag for free. Even a club fitting. 

There are some really good putters out there in the $30-$50 range. 

I have done some business with the Dunn outlets. No problems there. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What quality brands are we talking about?

i could get the strata - 18 set for $500, plus bag, but are they good quality?

their reviews are not good. 

looking at something a bit decent and second hand?

You will get quality brand new sets on sale that easily fit within your budget if you are willing to look a little.  Do some online homework and figure out pricing before you decide but you should be able to get a high quality new set in that amount

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

23 hours ago, Mr Wolf said:

First post here, great forum.

Need to upgrade my Tour Edge clubs - more than 15 years old. Looking for a complete new set.

What can I get for 1,000 USD, second hand?

I will be in the US, LA to be specific - wondering if their is a second hand shop I can buy?

Interested in second hand Taylormade M2, still pricey on their own website.

Does it help to visIT Roger Dunn shop in Santa Monica - can they have better prices than the pre owned stuff? Or what can I get for $1k? A year or two year old? Play every week.

Thanks

Mr. Wolf

I think visiting a Roger Dunn is a good idea to find some quality used clubs.  I’ve not been to that store specifically, but I’ve had good luck at their sister stores (Uinta Golf) here in SLC.  They’re pretty good about making a deal if you’re ready to buy.

Sir, I just glance at eBay. I found thousands of NEW M2 iron sets at $500 and above. I doubt you will have difficulty finding them in LA if you have $1000 to spend.  -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your help.

Visited Roger Dunn Shop in Santa Monica last Wednesday. I was almost tempted to buy Clubs online - but glad I didn't.

For $1,000 USD, I got the following;

1.      2016 M2 Driver (New)

2.      2016 M2 3 wood (this was second hand).

3.      Irons 4 – PW, AW – Taylormade AeroBurner (New)

4.      2016 M2 Sandwedge (New)

5.      Second hand Taylormade Putter

I bought a Callaway Bag, and Travel Bag, both discounted.

Was surprised at the prices – they even gave me free golf balls.

Now need to work on my 36 handicap:)  It’s not the clubs, it’s my game.

Glad I bought them over there – it would have cost me almost double to buy them Down Under.

Only thing I didn’t like was driving in LA on the eve of thanksgiving – too scary.

Edited by Mr Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mr Wolf said:

Only thing I didn’t like was driving in LA on the eve of thanksgiving – too scary.

That is scary.   That is the largest "drinking" day and with that much traffic....

Congratulations on your new clubs.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!