IGNORED

Tri-Stix Golf Club Stand / Holder

Note: This thread is 2364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thoughts on this product? You keep in your bag with your putter and wedge in it. When your close to the green you pull it out instead of carrying a large bag. It has a spike so you stick in ground and it just stands there freely. Also I think it can be used when at the range and want to try out a couple of my clubs rather then bring the hole bag or lay them on the ground.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253242721368

20171104_151046.jpg

• Administrator

And only $40! :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My thought is that I've finally seen a bigger, sillier waste than that fake golf club that you could pee into on the course....

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I don't mind setting my clubs down on the ground unless it is wet.

Yeah. This is something you've gotta drag along with you 99% of the time, to use it 1% of the time… Worst case, I put my divot repair tool on the ground and stack a club or two on that.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What am I supposed to so if I want to carry two or three wedges?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I played with 2 guys from the PIttsburgh area who used gizmos of the same idea, but they didn't look like that. They had a shelf that clubs sat on and clips to secure the clubs. You could carry 4 clubs on it. Worked great that day as it was cart path only. I've never seen anything like them in any golf shop I've been in.

Not saying I'd buy one.

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't have to "drag along" it fits inside of your golf bag, and you pull it out with your putters and wedge when your doing work on the green. I think its pretty neat!

s-l500.jpg

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

What am I supposed to so if I want to carry two or three wedges?

It hold's three clubs.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, OutdoorsDaddy said:

You don't have to "drag along" it fits inside of your golf bag, and you pull it out with your putters and wedge when your doing work on the green.

You still have to carry it (i.e. "drag it along") with you. It's cumbersome.

27 minutes ago, OutdoorsDaddy said:

I think its pretty neat!

As the guy who probably made 'em, I can see why.

These are the types of things golfers hate, but people who buy bad gifts for golfers love to get.

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

You still have to carry it (i.e. "drag it along") with you. It's cumbersome.

These are the types of things golfers hate, but people who buy bad gifts for golfers love to get.

As the guy that just recently bought one...I thought it was cool. I'm not a pro golfer just trying to get into the sport. Im 30 yrs old and it's not so cumbersome to me, but I get your point. Thanks for your insight on this product.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OutdoorsDaddy said:

As the guy that just recently bought one...I thought it was cool. I'm not a pro golfer just trying to get into the sport. Im 30 yrs old and it's not so cumbersome to me, but I get your point. Thanks for your insight on this product.

I think over time you'll find it more hassle than it's worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OutdoorsDaddy said:

You don't have to "drag along" it fits inside of your golf bag, and you pull it out with your putters and wedge when your doing work on the green. I think its pretty neat!

s-l500.jpg

It hold's three clubs.

That's great and all but I have 4 wedges and a putter. Sometimes I grab all 5 clubs (when I'm riding) because I don't quite know which shot I want to take until I get to my ball. Plus, this thing won't fit in my bag.

It won't work for my pull cart because my bag sits on an angle and if I have to use that clip thing, it's going to want to be vertical. Not to mention it would get in the way of my pockets. Of course there's also the fact that I can just wheel my cart pretty close to the greens already without having to tote around an extra contraption.

Wouldn't make sense if I carried, either. The last thing I would want is more weight in the bag and what's the point of putting down my bag farther away from where I need to be just to pull this thing out when I can just take my bag with me where ever I needed to go?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I can only see this being useful on a grass range with no bag stands. I’d never lug it with me for a round of golf.

I have played with people who used one of these:

4D34D0D8-B8C0-4E71-AFE4-0C4BE96E8E06.jpeg

...even that, which is lighter and easier to use, seemed unnecessary. 

- John

I've only ever seen ladies use these things, but whatever floats your boat.  My wife was given one as a gift if anyone wants it.  It was relegated to the basement as soon as she received it.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

4 hours ago, iacas said:

My thought as well....

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Yep.  No real golfer would ever buy such a thing.  People who don't golf tend to  think it would be a cool gift for the golfer on their gift list though.  Right up there with naked lady tees and exploding golf balls...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!