IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 155.  Quarantine practice plan, day 11.  I really like this drill and I plan to incorporate it into my practices on a regular basis.  I took video but it's still on my phone, I will likely put it in the relevant thread tomorrow afternoon. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 34 (30 Jul 21) - Played 18 today.  Worked on clubbing up on the approaches with a 3/4 swing.  It has helped with getting the ball onto / near the green.  Had some great shots into the greens and even when not on the green, being confident to bump and run with an 8i or pitch with the 54wedge.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 580 - July 30, 2021

Played nine (actually ten) holes with Natalie this morning before she went to the range for 30 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 156.  Played 18 holes at a local-to-me course that I'm growing to really like.  Highlights include three threes on the scorecard and a really good recovery shot -- I was in the trees on hole 15, I had to keep my shot under the trees and go 100 yards, and there was a bunker about halfway between me and the green, so I couldn't roll it, but I also couldn't hit it high because of the trees.  I made a near-GIR with that shot and got up and down for par.  Down in three from about 100 yards out and in the trees was great :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 66, July 30, 2021:

Played 27 holes today. Still haven’t made many longer putts, maybe I’m saving them for member-guest next week.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 115 (7/30/21) - 9-hole league tonight. I hit really good drives, but didn't follow-up very well. Generally speaking, my short game was mediocre.

Between my tennis elbow acting up and a bad scrape and bruise on my left wrist which I managed to do cleaning the garage today, I've decided to take the week off to heal, so my next entry will be starting over at 1 after league next Friday night.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 279: worked a bit on my priority pieces then worked on set up and center face contact with 6 iron, 5w and driver. Finished with SuperSpeed training which I have done for a few months. Surprisingly I hit 104 with the blue and 107 with the driver. Driver was 107, 101,100, 99 and 99 hitting balls. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 35 (31 Jul 21) - easy day of working on trial arm position thru the swing.  I tend to under rotate (hips stop, arms try to carry the load), this drill forces the hips to keep going, taking the trunk with it.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 157.  I spent ten minutes hitting balls with my 6-iron indoors.  I'll be playing tomorrow, and I would have liked to get out to practice chipping and putting on a real green, but it wasn't in the cards for today's plans.  I am glad I at least got some practice in, though. 

Hmm... I see Boogie did Superspeed.  I'm not sure why I put mine away a few months ago, but I need to get them back out and get back to it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 1:

Starting over because I keep forgetting to post.

More chipping/pitching COVID-19 drills with new wedges. Then downswing priority piece work with 7-iron. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 67, July 31, 2021

More three-quarter swing stuff today. I really am trying to shorten the backswing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Day 2:

Played 18.

Full swing was decent except two costly shots that resulted in +3 penalty strokes (1 approach OB, 1 tee shot into penalty area).

Short game was good except for one “I don’t always hit my sand wedge 170 yards, but when I do, it’s from a green side bunker” moment.

Putting was also good today.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 280:  worked for a little while on my priority pieces. Didn’t film due to the sun angle. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 36 (01 Aug 21) - More work on swing tempo focusing on getting a consistent 3:1 tempo.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 158.  This morning I hit a dozen full shots (usual routine and place) with my 6-iron.  

This afternoon, I began work on quarantine day 12 (trail arm throwing) -- without actually throwing the club.  Still, I can feel how this is different, and I'm going to go back and forth with this and full swing for a bit.

-- Michael | My swing! 

20 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Day 67, July 31, 2021

More three-quarter swing stuff today. I really am trying to shorten the backswing.

Day 68, August 1, 2021: 

My backswing is still too long. I’m trying to get it shorter I look at it on film and it’s way too long, did some pitching length swing length feeling swings, so it’s probably half to three quarter length backswing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 281: Played 18 this morning. Driver, for the most part, was excellent. Made a slight change in my backswing that we worked on in Erie with the head less out at A2. Combined it with the long, slow high feel.

Wedges were coming out low, so I went to the range after to work on that. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 37 (02 Aug 21) - Wedge work in the backyard "rough" today, its been raining enough that I have not been able to cut the grass so its anywhere from 2" to 6" high in places.  This makes for interesting work on controlling the ball flight, but given how often I tend to be left or right of the green in the taller stuff, it makes for good practice.  I can practice up to 30yds in the backyard and stretch that to 55-60 if I "borrow" the neighbors yard.  Worked exclusively with the Ping Eye 2 (50.5, 57.5) and Eye 2+(53.5) wedges.  Fought being flippy handsy by purposely slowing down and letting the legs lead the torso back and also starting the downswing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star