IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 9 (16 Dec 21) - temps in the 70’s (eastern NC in Dec), got outside and worked on bump and runs with the 9i in the backyard.  Gotta love weather breaks like these. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 57 (12/17/21) - Hit 25 shots with my 53* wedge, trying to take little divot an draw the (Almostgolf) ball. Half into the wind and half with the wind. 

Day 416: Worked on my priority pieces today with 6 iron and driver and filmed them. They felt off, but looked ok on the video. Finished with the MEVO Plus and some 7 iron swings.

Day 10 (17 Dec 21) - Birdie Ball and 8i today.  Worked on the full swing and getting the desired shot shape.  This was after watching a bit of Golf School this am on the Golf Channel and they had the Golden Bear giving some tips.  Worked on keeping the arms extended, and that led to getting a slight draw shape.  Best shot was I the last set where I struck it solid enough to “backspin” the Birdie ball.   Never did that before.  

Day 417: Got some work in before the snow. Noticed in reviewing yesterday’s work that my head was moving back a bit too much in my efforts to get my hands higher. Focused on keeping the head steadier while getting the hands higher.

• Administrator

Day 48 - December 18, 2021

Half an hour after juniors working on the soft right shoulder. It's funny how good I can hit it when I'm staring back at a mirror the whole backswing (behind me), get there okay in about five or six seconds, and then just hit it from there. 😛

Day 58 (12/18/21) - Putting practice today. I'm switching to arm lock and so spent most of the practice focusing on setup and form in swinging the putter. 

Day 139:

Took a day off yesterday to rest a sore neck.

Today worked really hard on the SLOW part of 5S. I guess I was also working on my cupped wrist backswing feel and a little bit of palmar flexion stuff on downswing, but my practice intent was to practice going slow and I think I did a good job. Used Mevo to track club head speed, and once I got in a groove I didn’t have any swings higher than 75mph (typical 90-95mph depending on my energy level and how warmed up I am). 

Day 11 (18 Dec 21) - Worked through full swing keying on weight shift and head position during takeaway-top of backswing-just before impact and post impact in front of the mirror, no club, working consciously through each.  Controlled tension is not easy.