IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6: I had range time today. I focused on my priority piece. I got a bucket of 40 balls. Hit 30 of them with my 6 iron. Slow rehearsals before each swing. At the end I hit 10 with the driver. It took me a little more than an hour to hit the 40 balls. And it was probably less then 10 minutes to hit the last 10 with the driver. 
I didn't take any video. So, I REALLY need to do that in my garage. 

Tomorrow, more mirror work. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 428: Range work today working on my feels. Did short game work too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 66 (12/28/21) - Since it was warm-ish today, I worked on making a partial (about 7:30) shot with my 49* UW.

Started by warming/loosening up with the "Shaft across shoulders" drill from Day 2 of the 30-day practice plan. Then hit 15 shots (Almostgolf balls) being intentional on each shot (stood behind the ball to identify target, take a practice swing and go) with took about 20 minutes. With the exception of the first shot, I got a good trajectory with a slight draw and the balls landed in the pretty good cluster (about a 10 foot circle) with a center at about 28 yards. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 58, December 28, 2021

Filmed a video so that I could do the below stuff on Instagram/Twitter, and then hit balls at a slightly faster pace, including three at maybe 75% at the end. Feeling pretty decent about things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 21 (28 Dec 21) - Kept the drills going on the grip, today using the wedges.  Also wrapped up the session with some pitch drills and “wedge putting” by blading the balls into the cup.  Love the latter part as it  uses the putter stroke and forces a “centered” strike in the ball.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 150:

Yard still too sloppy for hitting balls, so continued with grip practice and hip turn priority piece (indoors).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 7: I have plans for more practice later on today. Hopefully I'll find a spot to do some filming. 

However, first thing this morning I worked on putting bead by rolling balls down a 48 inch metal ruler. I was able to get 12 of 13 all the way down the ruler without them slipping off the sides. 

Day 67 (12/29/21) - Putting practice today. Warmed up with 3 footers, then hit 4' and 5' through the gate set a 2' from the "cup". focused on setup and made sure speed was good.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 429: Fit for golf Phase 3 Workout C today and I did more putting rhythm work for 10-15 minutes. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 22 (29 Dec 21) - Played 18 today.  Worked on keeping the grip strengthened through out the round.  Saw much better ball flight - both in distance and predictability.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 59, December 29, 2021

Practiced between lessons today. Good set of students today, really enjoyable.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 151:

More rain, so same indoor stuff as yesterday. Ready for a change in weather. 

-Peter

Day 8 - Did my mirror work already. Working on my priority piece. It's starting to "feel" more natural. Now I really need to get some film on it. I did hit a few balls yesterday in the garage. But I didn't really work on anything other than set-up. I was just testing out the set up. The garage set up and my set up.

I also did 5 minutes of putting practice this morning. I did "Day 15" of the COVID-19 practice challenge. 

Day 25. 12/30/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 24 (trail arm pitching)

nice awareness drills again. As soon as I reintroduced the left hand I started blading again.  Back to the right hand only to get the feel and replicating the feel when adding left hand results were as wanted. Good drill to keep in the quiver.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 152:

Break in the rain for the next four days, so jumped at the chance to play 18 this morning, in likely my last round of 2021. Started off with an 8 on the first hole, but put it behind me and finished with an 80 (39/41). Had two birdie putts lip out, and two chips that hit the flagstick leaving tap-in pars, so it was a bit of a "what could have been" round. Nice score to finish 2021, and looking forward to golf next year.

-Peter

Day 430: Gloomy rainy day. Worked on putting rhythm again inside and some chipping.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 60, December 30, 2021

Worked after a good GEARS session with one of the early adopters here.