IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 81, January 20, 2022

Long day even though it didn't start until 12. 🙂 Second student really couldn't work well, wasn't paying attention, or really being conscious.

So, ten minutes after that, all of which were probably a bit too fast, but which I hit pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 5:

Holy shit!

5pm and there is still daylight, no more lingering Covid fatigue, felt great to go outside and hit some balls finally.

Hit 20 balls total. First 10, worked on backswing, multiple rehearsals, and then a slow swing through the ball, just sort of punching it into the net. Next 10 worked on transition move, with multiple rehearsals from top of backswing, and then a less "punchy" downswing, trying to go at about 75% full speed (probably closer to 95% just due to the exhilaration of finally practicing again).

• Thumbs Up 2

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 16: Mirror work again. Still working on set up mostly, with focusing on a little more knee bend. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 90 (01/21/22) - Sore back today so only did setup/early backswing drill and some putting practice.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 44 (21 Jan 22) - winter mess outside, so worked on two different areas.  First was purely on the hand position on the grip at setup, involved mirror work.  Getting the lead hand followed by the trail. No swings, just “getting a grip”.  Second part was with the grandson - we worked on putting accuracy.  Groups of 15 balls at about 12’.  First was to lag it to within a 1’ area.  For a 5 yr old he settled in to where he was averaging about 10 of 15 in the zone.  Best I did was 13 of 15.  Then we set up the putting target. Only counted those that went in and the target spit it out.  He did pretty good with a best of 6 of 15.  Best I did was 8 of 15.  Love it when drills are fun and a teaching moment to another generation.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 82, January 21, 2022

Slower swings indoors. Couldn't get downtown today. Trying to do this camera alignment video.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 452: Arctic out again. Did more setup and punch drills in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 6:

Did more outdoor practice with priority piece today. This time focused more on the transition since this is the true priority piece, but before hitting a ball, did 3X backswing rehearsals, 3X transition rehearsals, and then ball.

Hoping to get some extended outdoor practice time on the Mevo+ this weekend and  get some updated LSW shot zones since I haven't revisited these for awhile, and also record my January swing for my swing thread (part of 2022 goals).

-Peter

Day 30, 1/21/2022

Mirror work again. Same thing as before. I did the no club thing. Then the PVC pipe. Then the club across the collarbone and finally with the club. 

I also did two putting drills with 12 balls each. Started with the gate drill while trying to sink a six footer into a 2-1/8 inch hole. For this drill there's a line drawn on my putting green. I use a ball on either side of my putter head as the "gates". Then I try to calmly roll the ball down the line into the small hole 6 feet away without hitting either "gate" with my putter head. 

Then I did the second putting drill which is again a six footer. This time through an actual 1-3/4" gate that's 2 feet away from the ball and 4 feet from the hole. (Okay not a hole I used the Putt-Out for this one.) Once again, 12 balls. I try to get them through the gate and into the Putt-Out. Once in every 20 or 30 I actually stick one in the Putt-Out mechanism. 

1010257211_smallerputz.gif.b89672df1879c3b29fd94e0634ab1972.gif

Edited by ChetlovesMer
Made it Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 17: Mirror work again. Still focused on set up. I think it's looking better. Would like to get out to the range, but it's snowing again...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 31 1/22/22

I got up early this morning and did a little left over work in my office. Then I got to the important stuff and knocked out my mirror work. 
The next two weeks work should lighten up a bit, so I hope to get more and varied practice in. 

1985105756_littlemirror.gif.f7e827e4787347fa3d6ae0377d974e28.gif

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 45 (22 Jan 22) - Sleet and snow last night, so inside work today.  Spent time doing setup work in the mirror.  Grip, stance and turn (less arms, more torso), getting weight on lead foot and trusting the lead foot will support. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 91 (01/22/22) - Worked on setup with the putter today, using a mirror to make sure that my eyes were set consistently. 

Based on some really inconsistent putting in 2021 using a standard length putter and claw grip I had been moving towards switching to armlock putting, which I had been practicing pretty hard this winter. However after seeing David Edel's video on the claw and trying his approach, which includes using a strong left hand grip, I am so pleased with the results that I've decided to stick with the claw. Hence the time spent on getting the setup right.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 453: Back got tight again today so I only did setup work for a few minutes.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 83, January 22, 2022

Loooooong day. Hit for six minutes before getting the heck out of dodge (Golf Evolution). 🙂

Day 7:

Did more work hitting balls outside today. Lots of wind last night blew the net and mat all over the yard, so spent some time putting my practice area back together and measuring out distances for Mevo+. Worked with 7-iron doing rehearsals on backswing piece, and then hit balls with 7-iron working on transition.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter