IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 108 - Putting work today. Warmed up with right hand only putts, followed by 3' putts through a gate with the putter head swinging between to balls. Finished with Chet's putting drill, but the best I could do was 14". 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 100, February 8, 2022

Worked on my pivot during the downswing, reviewed some GEARS stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 470: Worked a bit on setup and backswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 47: 02/08/2022

Today I got a bunch of work in.

I did my mirror work in the morning before work. I did my chipping ladder up and down a couple of times during lunch and I did some putting while listening to a meeting in which I wasn't needed. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 62 (08 Feb 22) - Swing setup work using driver and 5i, focusing on keeping weight on lead foot through downswing.  Took a few swings using hard foam balls in backyard. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 24:

Nearly crashed my bike on the way to work today. Saved myself from becoming a meat crayon, but took a pedal to the back of my right calf, which is awfully sore and bruised right now. So really only had mobility for some slow rehearsals with LVP camera. Also did a bit of putting. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 48: 1/9/2022

I was up early working on a project for work. Took a short break to get my mirror work in. Basically I'm still doing slow motion stuff, but the slow motion has sped up close to full speed. I noticed that this morning. 

I also did my putting bead work just now. I find Day 15 of the Covid-19 practice plan to be my "go-to" putting drills. I work on them on my office putting green which has a 2-1/8" hole to putt to. I do all my putting drills with 6 footers right now. Except when I do the Chet's putting challenge. In that case its 4 footers. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 109 - Spent about an hour on Trackman at Golf Galaxy hitting partial (left arm parallel) and full wedge shots, hybrid, fairway wood and driver. It was a good session which resulted in:

1. Adjusting my Driver to 11.5* which improved my launch angle. All attempts had positive AOA, it just needs to come up a bit. Also, had several shots with 1.45+ smash and 112 mph + ball speed.
  2. Resulted in a minor change to my setup: I'll be going with the set 7-iron, rather than the 7 Utility.
  3. Set SW and Edel DVR 58* are keepers!
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 471: The glacier (pronounced ‘glah-si-er’ a la Sir David Attenborough) melted in my driveway, so I was able to practice with MirrorVision. Filmed 6 iron and driver swings. Focused on my backswing and transition pieces for both.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 101, February 9, 2022

Worked on my pivot during a brief break before a GEARS lesson arrived.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25:

Calf is sore and stiff, but no limp or mobility issues today, so was able to do some real practice. Hit 25 balls, working with 6-iron. Rehearsed backswing, using pretty extreme exaggeration, two times before each ball, and also rehearsed transition feel/move twice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 63 (10 Feb 22) - I missed posting yesterday, first missed day since restarting.  Today is what matters - so the daily report goes S follows:  Played another round of “irons/wedges” only for the approaches as I played 18 today.  I love limiting the driver, fairway and hybrids to the tee and working the irons.  Used this so help reinforce the anti-chicken wing drill work I have been doing.  

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 67. 2/10/2022

chapter 7 LSW Mind Your Gaps, practice hitting different length swings of wedges into net in barn in preparation for getting distances for gap system.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 472: Worked with MirrorVision again today on my priority pieces. When reviewing the session, I noticed I am swaying off the ball to the right a few inches, which I don’t want to do. I have been so focused on the backswing pieces, I must have let this happen. A little sway is okay in the hips, but not too much. I will work on this tomorrow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 110 - I spent time analyzing the Trackman data associated with my wedges today. For all four, my club path was slightly out to in (-1.1* to-2.3*) and my spin axis was positive for three of them (0.6 to 1.9). Furthermore, my attack angles ranged from -4.6 to -5.8.  I need to move my club path to more in to out, which should also shallow my swing somewhat and move me towards a negative spin axis (anyone can feel free to correct me via PM if I am way off base). 

So, today's practice consisted of working on careful setup followed by my making a backswing (to A3) checking my position carefully to make sure that I have turned into the correct position, rather than simply lifting my arms.