IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 69.  Played, if we can call it that, 18 holes today.  Shot an 89.  Hit the ball horribly for ten holes, or so it felt to me, and then great for the remaining eight.  Seven GIR, no birdies.   Should have been more GIR -- had a few short or mid irons from good lies in the fairway that I failed to convert into GIR (embarrassingly, two that I failed to convert into at least near-GIRs).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 34

Kind of took it easy today. Wasn't feeling well and had to knock out some projects. Still got some putting in. Hoping to get back to working on driver tomorrow.

Day 119:

Worked on my pause feel through the bag with 3h, 5-7-9 iron, and SW.

Did some short game work as well. 

day 70: played 9 holes with friends.. made too many 3-puts, but managed to chip one in from about 5 meter (after my first shot found the water, still managed to save bogey)

Day 199 - Practiced putting (PuttOUT mat) for about 5-minutes today. Mostly bead work on putts of 4' to 6'. 

Day 120:

Played 18 this morning. I was hitting driver off the center of the club face (except for one bad one), but need to keep working on clubface as I had a few right misses. Approach play was decent, except I had to hit a few from awkward spots and probably made questionable decision on the best shot to get nGIR/GIR. Short game was good enough, and putting was really solid today.

Got my worst hole out of the way early with a triple bogey on #1. Hit a poor drive that got knocked down short by trees, then a great recovery shot with a hybrid from under the trees to almost a nGIR (which maybe got me overconfident for the next shot), but then I tried to flop a LW over some branches of a large bush/small tree obstructing my line instead of playing a low shot onto the green, and ended up much worse off, and couldn't even hit the green on the next shot.

Had 3 other doubles, including a frustrating one on an easy par-5 on the back after a topped drive, and a two more where double was the best result possible after being in a terrible position off the tee.

Had two birdies, including a new one on #8.

Day 9, 5/15/2022:

Okay I missed yesterday, but I think by the rules I'm still on day 9.

Anyway, spent time in front of the mirror and time on the practice mat/net in the garage today. There's a hitch I'm trying to get rid of, or at least minimize plus I'm working on a tweak to my set up position. Lastly I'm still working on my priority piece which is within my back swing. 

Day 157 (15 May 22) - Skin graft breakdown on lead foot, went back to mirror work working on keeping arms extended during backswing.  Also made some putting tempo drills. 

Day 70.  Yesterday's round had several shots that were just bad mechanically.  I decided to focus on those skills today, and spent 30 minutes doing so.  5 minutes chipping with my 58, then 10 minutes full swing 9-iron, 10 minutes with the 6-iron, and 5 with the 3-hybrid.  All of this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls. 

Day 35

Worked more on rotation drills with irons. Still feeling a little under the weather so didn't want to push it too much. Also only working on the backswing at the moment. As I don't want to go too crazy with major swing work all at once. 

Day 71.  Before heading to the office, I allocated 15 minutes this morning to hit my 9-iron and 6-iron, same focus as before with the takeaway.  I also did this with my 3H a few times.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls. 

(edited)

day 71: spent an  hour on the range, first doing full swings, then practicing bunker shots.. I eventually ended it by going a round on the par3 course

Edited by cdh79

Day 200 - Practiced chipping from the rough (my lawn cut at 3") today, working on hitting a target 10 yards out, then ladder drills. Need more work on making good contact and controlling distance out of the rough.