IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 01 - Did a range session today working on my axis tilt during my backswing. This mostly consisted of using my phone to compare what I was feeling to video. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 69.  Played, if we can call it that, 18 holes today.  Shot an 89.  Hit the ball horribly for ten holes, or so it felt to me, and then great for the remaining eight.  Seven GIR, no birdies.   Should have been more GIR -- had a few short or mid irons from good lies in the fairway that I failed to convert into GIR (embarrassingly, two that I failed to convert into at least near-GIRs).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 34

Kind of took it easy today. Wasn't feeling well and had to knock out some projects. Still got some putting in. Hoping to get back to working on driver tomorrow.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 119:

Worked on my pause feel through the bag with 3h, 5-7-9 iron, and SW.

Did some short game work as well. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

day 70: played 9 holes with friends.. made too many 3-puts, but managed to chip one in from about 5 meter (after my first shot found the water, still managed to save bogey)

cheers Chris

Day 199 - Practiced putting (PuttOUT mat) for about 5-minutes today. Mostly bead work on putts of 4' to 6'. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 02 - Worked on backswing axis tilt at the driving range. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 120:

Played 18 this morning. I was hitting driver off the center of the club face (except for one bad one), but need to keep working on clubface as I had a few right misses. Approach play was decent, except I had to hit a few from awkward spots and probably made questionable decision on the best shot to get nGIR/GIR. Short game was good enough, and putting was really solid today.

Got my worst hole out of the way early with a triple bogey on #1. Hit a poor drive that got knocked down short by trees, then a great recovery shot with a hybrid from under the trees to almost a nGIR (which maybe got me overconfident for the next shot), but then I tried to flop a LW over some branches of a large bush/small tree obstructing my line instead of playing a low shot onto the green, and ended up much worse off, and couldn't even hit the green on the next shot.

Had 3 other doubles, including a frustrating one on an easy par-5 on the back after a topped drive, and a two more where double was the best result possible after being in a terrible position off the tee.

Had two birdies, including a new one on #8.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 9, 5/15/2022:

Okay I missed yesterday, but I think by the rules I'm still on day 9.

Anyway, spent time in front of the mirror and time on the practice mat/net in the garage today. There's a hitch I'm trying to get rid of, or at least minimize plus I'm working on a tweak to my set up position. Lastly I'm still working on my priority piece which is within my back swing. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 575: Spent a few minutes working on my hip turn feel and not letting my left knee collapse toward the ball.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 157 (15 May 22) - Skin graft breakdown on lead foot, went back to mirror work working on keeping arms extended during backswing.  Also made some putting tempo drills. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 70.  Yesterday's round had several shots that were just bad mechanically.  I decided to focus on those skills today, and spent 30 minutes doing so.  5 minutes chipping with my 58, then 10 minutes full swing 9-iron, 10 minutes with the 6-iron, and 5 with the 3-hybrid.  All of this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 35

Worked more on rotation drills with irons. Still feeling a little under the weather so didn't want to push it too much. Also only working on the backswing at the moment. As I don't want to go too crazy with major swing work all at once. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 71.  Before heading to the office, I allocated 15 minutes this morning to hit my 9-iron and 6-iron, same focus as before with the takeaway.  I also did this with my 3H a few times.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

day 71: spent an  hour on the range, first doing full swings, then practicing bunker shots.. I eventually ended it by going a round on the par3 course

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 03 - Worked on my backswing body axis tilt, and backswing pathing during my lunch break, at the range. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 576: Worked on the same pieces today with 6 iron and driver. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 200 - Practiced chipping from the rough (my lawn cut at 3") today, working on hitting a target 10 yards out, then ladder drills. Need more work on making good contact and controlling distance out of the rough. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear