IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25. Worked indoors again as it was a Cat in the Hat kind of day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 73, January 12, 2023

Mirror work at home while doing some graphic work.

And we're on to page #666!!! 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 43: 1/12/2023

I'm kind of doing some of the same things each day right now. Working on my full swing in the garage and putting with my devil ball. Today I got in the garage 4 times to work on my priority pieces. Each session is probably no more than 10 to 15 minutes tops, but I like getting out there a couple of times per day. 

Then I spent about 10 minutes putting 6 footers with the devil ball. I made 2 of them. Hitting the devil ball on a 6 footer is not lay up. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 12: did a super speed session and paired it with some mirror work afterwards. Checking grip and A2, and also working on going fast to slow in the backswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 27 - Putting practice; worked on face control.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 26. Did more indoor work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 3:

Went to the club range and spent 15 balls very deliberately setting up properly. After that, I noticed in my video I took yesterday that my pivot was sloppy and not what Erik taught me last year so I did about 15 minutes where I would do the pivot drill he gave me twice, then swing slowly and hit the ball. Then I worked on the rope drill for another 10 minutes. I was done practicing and as I was walking off the range the head of the greens committee invited me to play with him so I did for fun. After all rain the course was very sloppy so we didn't keep score but I did get 4 pars in 9 holes. Not bad considering.

Day 44: 1/13/2023

Today I worked on hitting balls in the garage net in slow speed. Pretty much trying to combine some of my priority pieces. Then later I went to the indoor range and took video of my swing. I found that 2 of the 3 priority pieces I've been working on looked pretty okay. So, tomorrow I'll focus on the one that still needs work and then take some more video. Rinse and repeat. 

Day 11 (13 Jan 23) - Worked on keeping head centered and getting weight forward coming into the downswing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 74, January 13, 2023

Window had a hole in it, so got about five minutes of work in downtown, then about ten at home. It's cold. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13 - Mirror work again. Checking grip, A2 position. Working more on speeding up earlier in the backswing too. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 28 - Did Bruce Rearick's vision test today, which showed that in my current setup, my perception was that the line moved to the right. By moving closer to the call and standing taller, I perceived the line to be straight at the hole. Will continue doing this test. 

• Like 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 27. More indoor work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 12 (14 Jan 23) - Worked on overall swing, videoed…posted  to My Swing thread.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 45: 1/14/2023

Got in a lot of practice this morning at the indoor range. I started out focusing on one particular priority piece which "feels" like its lagging behind the other. I did a lot of slow motion swings hitting the ball at what to me felt like 40% (so it was probably like 75%). I spent a lot of time on that, then I did some filming of my swing. 

After that I worked on chipping for about 15 minutes. Chipping to several targets, but mostly working on my technique. Letting the club almost drop into the ground and keeping the shaft slightly more vertical than I'd normally like. 

I hit some pitch shots then finished up with @iacas's putting speed control drill. (What a great drill BTW). Today I did it from 12 feet into a 6x4 foot box. Took me a while to get the first one. But then I was about to repeat it after only 7 balls. 👍😁👍

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Bob M said:

Day 28 - Did Bruce Rearick's vision test today, which showed that in my current setup, my perception was that the line moved to the right. By moving closer to the call and standing taller, I perceived the line to be straight at the hole. Will continue doing this test. 

That's good. I have a hard time making it look right, but if I get out over it too much it definitely looks left.

Day 75, January 14, 2023

Long day. Juniors + a junior golfer after that. So, mirror work in the morning when I got there… after looking at the hole in the window. It'll be fixed Monday or Tuesday.

Day 28. Mirror work at the gym.

Scott

My Swing Thread