IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 13 (15 Jan 23) - Focused on the grip based on feedback from my My Swing post yesterday.  Added 1/4 swings with the 7i to make easy chip/pitches. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 29 - Slow motion swings indoors in front of a mirror today.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 15: Did a super speed session. Also did some rehearsal backswings while watching football. Checking grip and trying to speed up my backswing earlier. Feels pretty good. Hope I can get out and film some of it soon, but forecast does not look good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 5: Spent time working first on my setup using the wall as a guide for how far back my butt should go. Also spent time getting into the correct setup and then doing the pivot drill. Much easier to do in that athletic position. 

Not supposed to rain tomorrow, will likely go to the club to practice; likely doing my chipping drill.

• Administrator

Day 76, January 15, 2023

Long, long day. Putted against a student. Won in sudden death (about 17 holes). Wasn't using my putter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 46: 01/15/2023

Got a lot of good work in this morning at the indoor range. I went early and I was the only one there. So, I got to spend a lot of time working on the swing. Mostly block practice. I videoed the swing as well. Then I chipped for 15 minutes. Just working on being more consistent with my chipping set up and swing. 

I did some putting with the putting mirror. Finally, I spent about 20 minutes doing Erik's Random Speed Control Putting Drill. I like that drill... a lot. I did it from about 8, about 10 and about 15 feet. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 14 (16 Jan 23) - Worked on grip (focused on lead/left hand) - no swings.  Followed pointers from @iacas’s video linked to my My Swing thread by @saevel25.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 30 - Practiced chip shots with an AlmostGolf ball (PW) inside today. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 29. Did SuperSpeed Squeeze then worked on my PP indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 6: A lot of work at the club today.

• Hit 15 balls working on my setup, used that as a warmup. Still have some work to do on it but even so the feel is a lot different and the setup alone seems to be helping my swing be more consistent.
  • Hit 30 balls over about 20 minutes doing a step drill. Working on getting my hips and shoulders to turn and based on the video I took this video does do that. Now to do it more and translate it to my swing.
  • Decided to hit some partial wedges to a metal target and wouldn’t leave the range til I heard a clang. Took longer than expected after all the rain, anything short wouldn’t bounce so it had to hit it on the fly or like a foot in front. Took 66 tries at the target 70 yards away.
  • 30 chips around the chipping green, success was within 5 feet and did it 16/30 times.

Fun day.

• Administrator

Day 77, January 16, 2023

Got in ten minutes of practice, maybe 15, between lessons today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 47: 01/16/2023

Got to the indoor range again this morning. I went early and I was the only one there again. I spend some time warming up and then a lot of time working on the swing. Mostly block practice. But my block practice was either slow swings. Or it was swings with a hard focus on ONE priority piece. I videoed the swing as well. I sent the video to Yoda and got something new... old to work on. Then I chipped for 15 minutes. I chipped to 3 different targets never the same one twice but only used my 60 degree. 

I did maybe 10 minutes of pitching practice. Again aiming at targets. 

Next I got out the putting mirror. I only spent about 5 minutes with the mirror. Things looked pretty good so once again, I finished up by spending about 20 minutes doing @iacas's Random Speed Control Putting Drill. Today I kept the putts short, but made the target area small. 

Day 16: mirror work again today. Checking A2, but also starting to focus more on being faster early in the backswing and slowing as I get to transition. 

-- Daniel

Day 30 - Mainly putting practice today. After thinking about my responses in the thread about Bruce Rearick's questions, some reading I've been doing and my typical putting performance from 2022 I decided to work on developing a new pre-putt routine which did not include practice swings to the side of the ball as that approach seems to result in me focusing on mechanics, rather than the line. So I worked on some changes which will keep me moving and visualizing the putt. 

Also did the Devilball through a gate drill and made a few slow swings with a weighted club. 

Day 17: Did some putting on my putting mat while doing some work training. Checking my setup and making sure my start line is good. Felt good to practice putting for the first time in a while.

-- Daniel

Day 15 (17 Jan 23) - Worked on the setup focused on lead hand and club alignment - to where knuckles and grip are pretty much parallel.  Definitely a different feel in the grip.  Made a few swings - each one a complete restart as if I were pulling a club from the bag.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 30. Range today with focus on same pieces mostly with driver. Hitting irons off mats is bothering my wrist right now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 48: 01/17/2023

Today I went to the outdoor range and worked on one of my old priority pieces that has come back to haunt me. I've been taking a lot of video lately and I noticed 2 things. One I've eaten way too much over the holidays. Two, my head is moving a lot during my backswing again. I had this issue before and I had to do the push your hip into the way and then spin up the wall drill. It worked and I got rid of my head moving issues. So, today I went to the outdoor range which has mirrors that I can use to check my progress. Spent time with 3 clubs: 3-wood, 7-iron and PW. Just working on getting a full turn without leaning out over my trail foots. Basically doing the stick your hip into the wall and then spin up the wall with your rib drill. 

I've also spent at least two sessions so far today doing that drill without a club in front of the mirror at home for a couple of minutes.