IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 59 - Just did a few minutes of short pitches with a 56* wedge today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 80: 2/20/23

Okay so today was another fast/slow day. 
I did my overspeed training. That was the fast.... although honestly today I wasn't as fast as I have been.

Then I did my slow-motion moves in front of the mirror. That was the slow. I'm trying to improve my impact position and my turn without ruining what I've already built. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 51: Went to the range, worked on my backswing stuff and filmed. Really pleased with how my backswing looks. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 15 (21 Feb 23) - Added stork stance (trail foot back) to keep weight over lead foot while hitting short pitches and chips in the backyard with 9i and GW.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 60. It’s snowed today so I went to the covered range. Worked a bit on my MP then did target work mostly with driver and long clubs, which I haven’t been working with indoors. Finished with wedge work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 60 - Another busy day today, did a few minutes of putting practice.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 81: 2/21/2023

I got a few things in today. I was able to get out to the garage early this morning and hit balls into the net working on my priority pieces. In the middle of the day I found myself near a big putting green so I spent 5 minutes working on lag putting. (I would have spent longer, but I had to get back to work.) Later in the day I used the gates and The Putt-Out trainer to hit some six footers through the smallest gate. 

• Administrator

Day 113, February 21, 2023

Went downtown at 7, stayed until 8. Beat a student in a putting competition at the end, but hit some 6I, a few 8I, and nine 3I. All downswing stuff. It's crazy how "open" and "behind" me the club can feel and still square up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 53: Putted for a while on my mat. Working on my set up and stroke still. Need to stand a little closer to the ball generally.

-- Daniel

Day 82: 2/22/2023

Even though it was beautiful outside today, I didn't make it to the range. 

I did, however, do Day 15 of the COVID-19 30-day practice challenge today. I also did my overspeed training. And I got in the garage and worked a bit on my priority pieces. After I type this I think I'll head over to the mirror and get in a little slow-motion practice to focus on my impact position and release. 

Day 16 (22 Feb 23) - More work on choke down pitches in the back yard.  Focused on ball position and hitting to specific target distances.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 114, February 22, 2023

Got a headache, but worked for at least six or seven minutes during some lessons.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 62. Worked on my MP with some drills indoors

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 17 (23 Feb 23) - played 18 at Minnesott (warm and windy).  Used the round to work on approach shots as I had the back 9 to myself (played it first) so I was able to hit a few extra balls into the green.  On the front nine caught up with some friends about midway, played out the front in a foursome.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 61 - Trackman session today; focused on wedges and short irons. 

Day 83: 2/23/2023

Today I did some slow motion in front of the mirror with my 7 iron. I'm focusing on my priority pieces as well as by shaft lean and finish. I can do all of this in slow motion. I have to do more one at a time with an actual swing. 

I hit balls in the garage net. But I only did 50% swings to waist high.

Later I did day-15 of the COVID-19 30 day challenge. Which is putting bead work. 

• Administrator

Day 115, February 23, 2023

Put in a good 18-ball session at the end of the day.

Day 54: Did some mirror work, still on the backswing stuff. 

-- Daniel