IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 10 - Practiced pitch and chip and run shots with my 54* wedge in the yard today. Also did some putting on my PuttOUT matt, but looking forward to practicing on a real green next week. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mid iron drill. +a 60 degree drill. It might be a long season if I don’t get these two items off my list. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

Day 20 (17 Mar 23) - Simple drill today - worked on tempo again with 54deg wedge  in the backyard.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 137, March 17, 2023

Worked for half an hour before a GEARS session, and a little while after too. Recorded some video, too, and will tweak a few things as a result.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3:

Hit 20 balls at about 50% speed (feel). Worked on setup adjustment before each ball, and then did several "hands falling behind me to start downswing" feel rehearsals, and then hit a ball with a slow swing.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 11 - More pitches and chips with my 54* wedge today.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 21 (18 Mar 23) -  Worked on ladder drill with the wedges - started about 10 yds from one of the backyard pins, goal was to hit two balls and have both stop within 6’ diameter circle.  If successful, I moved a yard further back.  The unevenness of the turf made this difficult, but somewhat achievable.  If either did not finish inside the circle, moved back to the previous station.  Worked with the PW, GW and SW. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 138, March 18, 2023

Got some work in after Junior Elite. Was mindful of setup, early backswing. Transition into downswing is better.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 76: putted for a while today. Was focused on stroke and speed. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 139, March 19, 2023

Distance wedge work with a student after hours. I won. 5-3. 😄

Day 4:

Missed day (yesterday): Did a bunch of covid practice plan short game drills, and then some work on transition piece from lesson.

Today: Played 18 in a rainy/misty, windy, and muddy conditions. Really pleased with noticeable improvement after starting to ramp up practice again. No penalty strokes which is a big win, but still a bunch of shots that I would like do-overs on.

-Peter

Day 22 (19 Mar 23) - Lag drills with putter, focused on getting ball started on line and finishing at target point.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 77: putted and did rehearsal swings for a while. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 12 - Went to the range and practice green today at NKGC. Small bucket on the range followed by putting and chipping on the practice green. Not surprisingly for this time of year, putting distance control needs work. 

As is my tradition, I got to about 100 days and then stopped posting for a few days. Even though I've worked on my game every day, I took a break from posting. 

I had a lesson on Friday with Yoda. If anyone hasn't tried GEARs yet. You owe it to yourself to give it a go. 

This weekend I started working on a couple of new priority pieces. Mostly worked on them in the mirror. Trying to use the vertical lines on the mirror to work on a priority piece with my hips/legs. 

Day 1: 3/20/2023: 

Today I went to the outdoor range and worked on my new priority pieces. Mostly block practice with a 6 iron. I did also incorporate some wedge shots to a few different targets and hit about 8 balls with the driver as well. But mostly it was working on my new priority pieces that I got from my lesson on Friday. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 23 (20 Mar 23) -  Brisk day, opted to hit easy pitches with 9i and PW.  Focused on getting solid torso turn.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 140, March 20, 2023

It's cold downtown and it's getting old. I got in a good 15 minutes, which helped keep me warm. But man…

Day 5:

Worked on downswing feel today. Started off working way too fast, but I was self aware enough to recognize this. I stopped, went inside, did slow rehearsals for 15 minutes, then made dinner and played Nintendo Switch with kids.

Then went back outside and started with balls again. Still probably went too fast, but did much better in the second attempt.

-Peter