IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 89 (11 Mar 24) - hit some easy pitches with the GW - working between popping it up and flighted down to specific target points, finished up with some 7i swings on the Divot Board.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 497, March 11, 2024

Practiced for 30 minutes while @rwolfe used the sim. 🙂 Curl, go to the top, throw away.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 69 - Played 9 with a focus on a full shoulder turn and a better grip. A few pulls, but no snap hooks. My distance was also much improved, even with somewhat windy conditions. 

Day 17: 3/11/2024

Got my over speed training in. 
Worked on my priority piece at the range a bit.

I also worked on getting the right start line with my driver.

Lastly, I hit (or tried to hit) a semi-random series of targets with wedges. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 75: 3/11/24

Putting and chipping practice followed by slow motion swings. Finished the night with kettlebell exercises.

Day 102- Slow, short swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 245: mirror work. Worked on a feel to emphasize my priority piece - feels like I’m exploding into the ground with my lead foot in the downswing. I think it looked good, but will need more work to ingrain it. Also checked my grip. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 246: did a stack session. Worked on grip and downswing feels during rest breaks.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 18: 3/12/2024

Really had a good practice session today. Went to the range on lunch and worked on my priority piece, then also worked on attack angle with the irons. Mostly trying to make it more consistent. I want more GIR's this year. 

Day 90 (12 Mar 24) - Walked the front nine at Minnesott this morning.  Went a little retro with the clubs - MacGregor Souchak irons (3-9), MacGregor Dbl Duty Wedge, Toney Penna persimmon woods (1,3,5) and Spalding Tournament putter.  IMG_7862.thumb.jpeg.bae8654a56796c7dd04d4571f0b83e37.jpegHad some decent shots thru the bag - the lofts are much weaker than what I’m used to so rethinking approaches was the call.  Relied heavily on nGIR work - wedge, 8i, 9i for up and down work.  Best work was on 2, had laid my approach short as I was focusing on up and down work.  50yds or so out, hit the Dbl Duty watch it land and release on a dead center line to the cup…stops an inch short of the pitch in birdie…still a good exercise in overall course management. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 498, March 12, 2024

A little practice between lessons. Not as much as I had hoped, but… good work today. It had to be good because it was only 15-20 minutes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 76: 3/12/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum session 8/24. Remained at same speed as session, which was a 4% drop from session 6. Felt out of sequence during this session.

Day 103- Nrw drill where I placed an alignment stick under my right armpit and took slow backswings stopping when my arm hit the stick. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Day 499, March 13, 2024

Played 18 holes at Whispering Woods. Recorded a swing on 7 after hitting a good shot and emphasized some things on the rest of the holes. Backswing nearly great, can go "out/up" a little more, but the downswing does need the most work, but I know how to do it. So, all good there.

Day 19: 3/13/2024

I had a fun day of practice. It was mildly productive as well. I got my overspeed training in, so that's good. 
I worked on my priority pieces at the range.

Then I got into a closest to the pin contest with a gentleman I know at the range. He and I took turns picking targets and trying to closer to them. I enjoyed the friendly competition. 

Day 104- Placed an alignment stick under my right armpit and took slow backswings stopping when my arm hit the stick. 

BO THE GOLFER