IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

30 minutes ago, Bob M said:

Day 11 - Ninty minutes of short game work at the NKGC practice green. Putting (spiral drill 2' to 9'; pull-back drill from 20+ feet) followed by short wedge shots (10-30 yards) to different holes tracking proximity. Did Level-2 Super Speed training when I got home. 

That right there sounds like a pretty good day of practice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 55: Aug 10

Practice round. Tee to near-the-green was fairly solid, but my touch on and around the green was sporadic at best. Lesson learned: if you’re not ‘feeling the shot”, rethink and play a higher percentage shot. The result may be less impressive but you won’t get disheartened.

Still played to hcap. So it wasn’t that bad at all - I’m just setting a higher pass mark for myself.

Day 50 (10 Aug 23) - Played today - solo but with a twist.  Have been focusing on wedge play and wanted to work my way around the course in certain setup situations in the approach area where where I could work on using different wedges.  I further muddied the waters by have three sets with me (had only 3 & 4 h, 7 & 9 i and putter in the bag with the nine wedges).  Worked from 100yds out, this is where I would normally hit a GW (50 or 52deg), then about 50yds out with SW (54 or 56 deg) and finally up close/short side with LW (58 or 60deg). The greens had just been punched, sanded and rolled, so getting the ball really stop or dig in was a chore.  Anyway played out scenarios around the front nine as the back was closed at Minnesott for the above noted work.  Good session, hit some really good pitches (several to less than 1ft from the stick), hit some not so good, but overall a good day of working the wedges. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 5, August 10th, 2023

Played 9 holes after work. Mixed bag. Still need to focus on backswing length and turn. Except for one bad hole where I cold shanked it OB on the third shot into a par 5, It was a decent round. No idea where that came from.  

Worked on putting and short game before playing. Found something with my putting. Making a slightly slower but much more uniform stroke. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 103 - Indoor putting multiple times throughout the day with a lot of filming.

Finally got into a solid looking setup position this evening. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Day 283, August 10, 2023

Played a few holes with a 6I and wedge (plus hit a hybrid and a driver that weren't mine). Hit some good, good shots. Mostly just picking the club up straight in front of me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 24: range night again. Hit balls for about half an hour - working on some backswing stuff - wrist hinge earlier. Then putted for half an hour, doing stack putting and then just putting in the 6-10 foot range. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Day 24: range night again. Hit balls for about half an hour - working on some backswing stuff - wrist hinge earlier. Then putted for half an hour, doing stack putting and then just putting in the 6-10 foot range. 

What's the stack putting all about? I saw it on the app when doing my normal sessions but never read too much into it or tried it out. Assuming you'd need the Mevo+ and ipad/phone with you on the putting green?

3 hours ago, klineka said:

What's the stack putting all about? I saw it on the app when doing my normal sessions but never read too much into it or tried it out. Assuming you'd need the Mevo+ and ipad/phone with you on the putting green?

It just ran me through 18 holes of putting, where it gave me a starting distance, a break, and uphill, downhill, or flat. It gave me a strokes gained number based on my results. You have to do 2 of these sessions to get analytics (and presumably drills/games). You don't need anything besides a putting green. The longest putt was 26 feet I think. @iacas recommended it to me.

If you have more questions, we should start a new topic, because this is OT here.

-- Daniel

Day 6, August 11th, 2023

Went to the range at lunch. Worked on the feeling of hitting from A6, where the hands are near my right pocket and elbow is less bent. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 56: Aug 11

Round of golf. Good off the tee and around/on the green, but some of my approach play wasn’t good enough (not all the time, but enough to impact my performance on that particular hole). Part of this is fine margins; a little more accuracy means more makeable par/birdie putts. But other times it’s just a bad ugly shot, or a good shot in terms of direction but poor in terms of distance control. 

Day 104 - 30 minutes outdoor putting working on new setup. 

Was rolling it nice, start lines seemed more consistent and ball seemed to be rolling more true.

Day 51 (11 Aug 23) - Bounce drill work w/wedges, new wedges have a different sole grind than what I’m used to.  Getting there on engaging the bounce.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 284, August 11, 2023

Did a little mirror work in the morning before driving for ten hours. 😄

12 hours ago, klineka said:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25: went to the range again. Hit 40 balls, all types of clubs. Working on a little bit of backswing stuff, but mostly just hitting targets. Went to the short game area and pitched and chipped for a while. Finished up with putting. 

-- Daniel

Day 26: did an early morning stack session. Worked on backswing feels on rest breaks. 

-- Daniel

Day 52 (12 Aug 23) - Worked on alignment today, noticed that my backyard wedge shots (20-30 yd range) were to the right side of the target pin.  Using the small practice pad, IMG_7376.thumb.jpeg.f0025c546943b8d6daf6544827745b81.jpegI literally stepped back used its black edge as an alignment stick.  Making the shift made all the difference.  Note to self: keep the alignment rods or alternative close,  makes getting on target much easier. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star