6,578 posts / 328349 viewsLast Reply

Day 20

Got session in at the range and focused on Driver and wedges. Then I played 9 holes of golf

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 21

Worked on my 6, 5 iron 3 & 2 utility and Driver.  Then I played 9 holes, practice.  Hit some different shots arround the course.  Some lob shots at different distances.

Day 244

Feeling wiped out today so hit some 9-3 7-irons and did a bit of indoor putting practice.

Day 79 - Went back through my helicopter drill progressions, focusing specifically on the hip turn. 

Day Two:

- Revised grip - practiced taking up the club, and holding it in the left hand, sandwiched between heel of palm and index finger.

- Did left hand, right hand, together hand folding drills from covid day one video

- Did slow shadow swings to A3 in the mirror, watching for shoulder turn, hip turn, and steady head

Later I'll hit a dozen balls or so before I go out and play.  I should have my partner with me to make a video too.

Day 2:

Today I am going back and doing Day 1 of the Covid Challenge and then I will redo my practice from yesterday. I need to fix my takeaway before I can fix my OTT. 

baby steps to long term improvement. 

Day. 163 - Range work today focusing on the same items. Working with the feel of trying to fade each shot by keeping the hands from turning over too soon. Seems to be working well for ball flight. Driver is slight push fade. Irons slight push draw when done correctly.

Day 22

Played the first 12 holes at Rio Pinar County Club in Orlando.  Thunderstorms chased us off the course.  It was fun playing at such a historic place.

Day 9:  Set up a new practice area along my garage.  Happy with the results.  Happy to have a comfortable area on my own property to swing everyday.  Took a few swings with a couple different clubs to test it out.  Really trying to hone in the free and easy feeling without swaying back and forth with my head and legs moving all over the place. 

12 hours ago, Antneye said:

Day 2:

Today I am going back and doing Day 1 of the Covid Challenge and then I will redo my practice from yesterday. I need to fix my takeaway before I can fix my OTT. 

baby steps to long term improvement. 

Day 2 may not have gone so well. I hit the garage door opener and think I broke it. Oops!

Day 41:

Long range session working on new feels for getting my lower body functioning as it should be. I'd say it's likely I'll be working on lower body stuff for the rest of this season and the off season.

Day 245

Mixed practice today.

Started off by getting some baseline Mevo numbers for Driver and 7-iron in order to see if/how they change after my next lesson.

Also did a bit of pitching/chipping technique practice. This is one area where I think like I can make some improvement and maybe get a stroke or two back each round. Since I learned my partial wedge distances, I feel like from 20-60 yards I acquit myself pretty well, and usually leave myself a chance at putting out in 1 stroke. However once I get inside 20 yards, I have trouble getting the ball as close as I think I should. Maybe my expectations are not calibrated correctly, or maybe I just need to practice more. My sense is that these shots have more feel involved rather than trying to hit a specific distance number, so I might benefit from a few trips to a practice green, rather than hitting into a net.

Finished with a superspeed workout.

Day 80 - More of the same, working on my takeaway, focus is on the hips turning more by A3.

Day 54.  Bad news, I didn't do speed sticks yesterday despite planning to do so (Note:  I did other practice, as indicated on previous day count).  Good news:  I did so today, continuing to get >100 on the red stick, which is nice.  

Day 3: I’m repeating day 2 until I get it correct. Seeing slight improvement but still lead with a slight downward movement of my head and the club coming OTT. Improved but still not there. Primary focus is getting the takeaway less across my body. (Hoping to avoid smacking the garage door opener again but the damage is done already)