IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 80: warmed up with my drill work then spent time with the Blast Motion device with a 7 iron. Gathered a bunch of data. Swing speed averaged 80, hand speed 19.5, tempo 3.1:1. Need to read into the metrics a bit more. I like it for the rhythm training and the swing speed seems close. I am also hitting “down” in the green zone, but there is not an actual number.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 384

Played 18 today. Course was a sloppy, muddy mess, but played well, focusing on tempo and backswing for the most part.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 30 January 2    Worked for more than 2 hours on the range .. doing drills from the book, "How to Train for Golf Like an Olympian."  As a way of simplifying things, I typed up the list of drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge, and in another part of the book.. plus am now pulling into this list, drills that were given me when I took lessons at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy... so on two sheets I have 41 separate drills that focus on improving the Swing Motion, Clubhead Awareness and Six swing positions.  I will be adding to this list over the next week.  Today I made it through 13 drills hitting 156 shots.

Then headed over to the putting green -- used the STAR Drill at 3 feet, made 25 in a row, then hit 20 consecutive putts into the three foot circle from 20 and then 30 feet,... before quitting.

Day 2:  Worked on hip turn with a G-Box.  Something seemed to click while wearing it during the drill where you place the club across your chest while crossing your arms.  The lead shoulder dip seemed to make a lot more sense with the hip turn.  Finally felt like I was turning in my backswing with my core as opposed to my arms.  Need to remember this drill as a go to drill moving forward.

• Administrator

Day 369 - January 2, 2021

Hit balls for ten minutes before spending three hours cleaning up the downtown facility. It looks niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I generally practice something golf-related every day but have gotten away from logging it. I’m gonna try to get back on track with it.

Day 1 - raining outside, so I worked with Blast on putting rhythm.  Decent consistency, but still a few outliers. I like how the device measures face angle as well as the speed metrics. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 81: Worked on my drill for about 10 minutes then used the Blast Motion device with the driver. Swing speed measurement was pretty close to the Swing Speed radar. Finished with SuperSpeed training.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 3: Same drills as yesterday.  Really trying to hammer home the lead shoulder pointing down towards the ball with good hip turn on the backswing.

• Administrator

Day 370 - January 3, 2021

Hit a few 3-irons, some high-lofted pitches to encourage “playing” among some students, and then did my first SuperSpeed session of 2021.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 31  January 3   Tired and wet outside... so I headed to the set up I have in my garage... Where I worked on my backswing positions... standing a few inches off the wall, making backswings so the club runs up the wall versus hitting it.  This insures I have more turn and a better shoulder plane.  Tomorrow will probably be the same :-(

Day 385

Did some pitching practice with my 50* wedge. Feel like my short game technique has been declining on course. Also a little backswing practice in the mirror. Lesson tomorrow morning. 

-Peter

Day 2 - went outside this morning with the frost still on the grass and hit balls into the net with focus on club back & up with straighter right elbow. 

I’ll also get some indoor putting done with Blast as opportunity presents itself while doing school work with the boys. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 1 - still soggy from all the rain since New Year's Eve here in Eastern NC (several area courses are dealing with rivers flooding the back areas of the course).  Took to the putting matt this morning.  Nothing fancy, it's your basic matt from Amazon that is about 9' total.  Stays set up in the hall - cool thing is the hall has parquet 6"X6" wood flooring.  That makes a great distance marker as I can align the center of the hole to the tile and just count in 6" increments.  Worked on 3' and then 6' putts with the premise more than 2 misses and I had to go back to the 3' marker.  Also worked on the 4' distance as well as 5'.  I know I move my head to "see" the putt, so I pulled a Sergio move and closed my eyes once set.  It is amazing how still you become to hear the ball fall in the cup.  Accuracy was much better as I was trusting the swing rather than my eyes.  Know this will help me in being "still" with the clubs as well.     

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 386

Lesson today, and then I had an hour booked on the launch monitor after the lesson.

-Peter

Day 82: Did a golf-specific core workout including the alignment stick COVID drill. I forgot how hard that was the first time. Then did some chipping and pitch work inside. I gave the full swing a rest for a day.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 4: Took about 15 swings attempting to incorporate the drills from the last few days.  A couple swings felt great, and I felt I was able to adjust after a bad swing.  Still have my work cut out for me over the next few months.