IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 390

Did more priority piece work with a 6-iron today. Struggling quite a bit with this one, so really slowed it down and did a bunch of slow rehearsals before each ball.

Also did a bunch of yardstick putting drill with my new putter.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 391

Played 18 today with a new swing thought. Went so-so.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 376 - January 9, 2021

Full swing backswing work. Hips were a little sore today, wrist a little sore. Focused on the pieces, did them slowly, didn’t hit a ton of balls but had a lot of repetition.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 87: Off day for full swing,  it did a couple of chip/ pitch sessions in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 37  January 9    Home today, so used the Impact Ball and a shortened 7 iron to make lots of practice backswings.... still working on rotating versus swaying.... 

Day 7 - hit a few balls with 8i with focus on str8er right elbow, creating space between right elbow and body early

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Some "real" range time today as the weather was conducive for such and snuck in a round afterwards (first of the year).  Results were a mixed bag of success and struggles.   The success part was that I was seeing more consistent shot shape - no wild slices as in the past, no duck hooks (which are super rare), just fades which seem to be my 'natural' shot shape.  Worked through a representative group of each club group - 54wedge, 8iron, 5iron, 3hybrid, 3wood and driver.  Most likely the most consistent range practice ever.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 9 - More mindless swinging.  Intended to work on backswing again, and lost focus.  Need to set better intentions and show better discipline.

Day 8: slow speed swing mapping with two-fold focus...right elbow off side early in backswing & initiating downswing with hip and trying to clear them earlier. Done with 8i in kitchen

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 88: Worked on my drill mostly with driver with 70% swings. Really working on the feel of keeping my axis tilt through impact to reduce early extension. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 38   January 10th.   I was indoor most of the day, so I worked a lot on the Pre-set Drill.  You set up to the ball, then cock your wrists up so the club is parallel to the ground.  If you turn your left shoulder under and your right shoulder back (for right handed golfer) you will end up in an excellent 3 o'clock position, and then on up to the top of your backswing with a full turn.  Since I am working on my backswing positions this drill helps me a lot... as I tend to raise by rear shoulder rather than rotate in back behind me.

Day 392

Did a superspeed workout and recorded on the TST superspeed gSheet.

Then did some work on my priority piece, trying to cure my latest misses of tops and hooks. Think at least one part of the new motion is starting to have some effect, but can't see ball flight hitting into my net, so won't know until I get on course.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 377 - January 10, 2021

Played a few holes today, and did my SuperSpeed and hit some balls in the morning. Relatively happy with how I’m hitting the ball right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10 - More focus on backswing.  Feel like I made some good progress at the beginning of the session, really identifying checkpoints along the takeaway and backswing.  Was able to repeatedly get the club into the same position over and over again.  Was really promising.

Day 7 (took Sunday off) - Today, worked on "core" exercises focusing on the getting the thoracic mobility up.  I have realized just how "unmobile" I am in the swing after Saturday.  Used some free sample exercises offered by the Golf Pass folks (Double Leg Bridge, Open Book, Cats & Dogs, Plank pushups) - really felt it most in the Open Book as it forces the legs to stay down as you rotate the shoulders to from closed to open position.   Also got in the yard for light pitching with the 58*, 9i and 5i.  The focus to work on consistent ball striking with a specific yardage in mind (about 25yds).   Went very well - took @iacas comment in a post somewhere about thinking about each shot "after" you hit it - what went well, what didn't.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 89: Worked on my drill a bit then did 70-80% swings focusing on keeping my spine angle steady through contact. Then did SuperSpeed training.

Scott

My Swing Thread