IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 124 (10 May 21) - more backyard golf with the grandson today.  He loves to chip with hard balls - so we did a series of bump and run drills.  For me more work on keeping the ball centered on the clubface and then landing it where I "saw" it land.  When struck heavy, knew it immediately.  Clean strikes totally effortless and ball landed close to where I envisioned it.  More work here as I lose too many strokes greenside.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 210: Range work today. Focused on keeping primary axis tilt through impact to reduce EE. Range was wet so a lot of splatter shots. Finished with some short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 77.  More wall drill, mostly with the wall and not with the club in my hand.    At one break I did grab a club and practice a slow backswing that felt like what I'm doing with the wall drill. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 510:

Did some weight/pressure shot drills in my office at work without a club. Did more takeaway/backswing work at home, and hit some foam balls at slow speed incorporating backswing and weight/pressure shift elements. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 211: Range again today. Playing the next three days. Worked a bit on my EE with various clubs, then on alignment. My irons are drawing more than I would like and I’m having trouble aligning right. I get all turned around with ropes going one way and station separators going another. I guess I’m a bit OCD with respect to lines.

With driver, I’m having to play the ball far forward to get the ball flight I want, basically at my middle toe. My instructor is OK with this. For my other clubs, I basically have the ball at my left heel and just widen my stance.

Finished with sand and short game work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 37 (5/11/21) - Spent about two hours at the range. First I hit a medium sized bucket (about 70 balls) using the "Justin Rose Drill" (thanks again Darkfrog) and hitting only my 7i, 6H or Driver. Started with slow swings chipping the ball then worked up to slightly faster swings with more of a partial swing. When I got out of sync, it was back to the chips. 

Then played 9 holes of "Pull back" on the putting green, shooting a 22. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 125 (11 May 21) - Worked on staying in the swing today with full swings using the hybrid and fairway.   Wanted to work on getting the ball airborne without slices/dices/tops/flops.....Actually I worked from top of backswing through finish, taking time between swings to analyze what was good and not so good.  To close it out, took some swings with the 5i as well.  All from the comfort of my backyard, my neighbor's yard and hard foam golf balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 511:

Did some recentering/flow practice without a club. Worked a bit on speeding up takeaway/backswing but making sure not to speed up and cheat turn. Hit foam balls at slow speed and full speed.

-Peter

Day 78.  I know I sound like a broken mp3 saying this, but wall drill.  I'm really getting used to making my chest feel like it's facing down and back, and it's feeling more normal (which either means I'm doing it consistently or I've regressed;  I need to take that video to find out)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 126 (12 May 21) - rain today so nothing outside.  Mirror work focusing on getting hips clear to complete the turn.  Worked face on as well as down the line in terms of mirror watching.  Also played around with stance in terms of flaring feet and getting to a good "weight forward" ending position my trans-metted left foot can handle.  I will say this much - compared to videos from last April during the 30 day challenge, I am seeing better rotation.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 38 (5/12/21) - Did the "Justin Rose Drill" without a ball, about 10-reps each with Driver, 7i and 9w. Then did the "Forehead on Wall" drill for several reps to work on steady head. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 212: Played 18. Shot an 81. Driver was all over the place. Short game was good. Irons were ok. Need to work on driver. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 79.  Got video today, I have to process to upload to evolvr.  I did a wall drill on video and also did an attempt at a slow swing with a 6-iron on video;  did some practice with each prior to filming. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 512:

Did the same takeaway/ backswing priority piece work, recentering / flow work, and some Justin Rose drills. Then hit foam balls with driver to work on concepts with a longer club.

-Peter

Day 39 (5/13/21) - More "Forehead on Wall" drill for several reps to work on steady head, then "Justin Rose" drills (in my yard) with a whiffle ball.  About 10 reps with my 7-iron followed by 15 or so with Driver. I worked out what should be a pretty good pre-shot routine, at least for now, incorporating the drill, which I found helped my tempo too. 

I will be doing the "Justin Rose" drill for a while as I find it really helps several aspects of my swing. 

• Administrator

Day 502 - May 13, 2021

Played 18 holes with Natalie and Sculley. Birdied #12, which was nice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 127 (13 May 21)- chip and putt drills with the grandson in the backyard.  Good work on gauging landing and rollout.  Finish with putts across some lumpy, bumpy turf.  Grandson loves as it closely replicates work onto and on the greens.  He often calls how we are to play - around the tree, over the pretend water, across the fire pit...

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 513:

Did some recentering/flow drills without a ball, and then hit some foam balls in sets of 3, with lots of rehearsals between shots.

Went inside and setup Live View Pro camera, and did some digital mirror work focusing on keeping backswing on plane, and then some transition rehearsals working on starting things on plane in the downswing. I really like this digital mirror, probably should set it up more than 1-2X a week.

-Peter