IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day  44  (09 Aug 21) - Worked on the pre-shot routine today.  Looking to keep it repeatable whether a full swing or a simple 10yd chip.  Used the 53 to make some pitches to about 50 yds and the 8i for some 10-20 yd chips.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 76, August 9, 2021:

Worked on a slower takeaway feeling that helps with the shorter backswing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 165.  Played 18 holes today.  At range beforehand and before full swings, focused on my latest setup piece (priority) from Evolvr.  GG info forthcoming.  I did okay on 17 holes, I'd say. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 9:

Did backswing work today, lots of rehearsals, making sure I made a full turn, and figuring out what that “feels” like for me. Then hit a few balls for fun. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 4 (8/10/21) - Practice green/Range day. 

Practice Green: Today I did the "Nowhere" and "Army" drills from "Instinct Putting". I did 3 sets of 10 balls each focused on striking the ball solidly without looking at it and got really in tune with where on the putter face my strike happened. Watching the roll of the ball was instructive too. Then 2 sets of 10 each on the "Army" drill. For this one, I started about 15 feet from a hole and started purposely putting to the left of the hole then to the right focused on spots near the hole. the last four putts of each set were aimed at the hole. 

Range: I had a problem last Friday night pulling short iron shots, so today, range time was spent hitting 8,9 and W, aiming to the right of a yardage market trying to hit a gentle draw back to the center...all with good trajectory.  

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 288: Played 18 this morning with three fast women! By fast I mean we played in 3:20. 😉 Really nice ladies too. I will definitely play with them again if I can.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 45 (10 Aug 21) - Played 18 today at the home course.  Worked on the grip change that I have been working on.  A number of drives were pulls, but not out and out hooks.  Have more work to do on this to find the true sweet spot "for me" for the grip.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 77, August 10, 2021

Continued work with the slower lower inside takeaway feeling, I seem to get a little “jerky” taking it back at times. So it definitely needs some work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 166. Another 15 minutes (and four balls, total) of very slow, very careful checking at A3 that my head isn't moving forward and similar requirements, trying to change the picture as pointed out in my latest Evolvr lesson.  Three of those four felt like very solid strikes, but this early in the process, that's probably a sign of reversion not change. 😞  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10:

Did my COVID-19 days 1-5 mashup drill today. Then some day 6 and 7 work. Then some full swings with lots of rehearsals between each ball working on downswing priority piece. 

-Peter

Day 5 (8/11/21) - 15 minutes of full and 3/4 pitching wedges in the yard today (whiffle ball) focused on good contact and low point in front of the ball. Had a few low pulls, which has been a problem lately, but significantly more high baby draws. I seem to be headed in the right direction. 

Edited by Bob M
clarity
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 289:  range work. Focused on wedges first slowing down the backswing and letting weight go forward to start he downswing. Moved on to other clubs. The range had a bunker, so I worked a bit on fairway bunker shots, which is rare. It also had rough next to it, so I worked a bit on shots from deeper rough. 

Finished with chipping. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 46 (11 Aug 21) - Played 18 today with my wife's first cousin's husband.   A day of inconsistency across the bag, except the putter was working okay.  The greens today provided some great read opportunities in regards to breaks, had some great rolls and very near misses.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 167.  I had two practice sessions today.  One was 15 minutes long and was full swing (indoors, the usual).  I worked on my priority piece but I turned off the camera as I misestimated how many days I have until Friday, when my club championship begins, so I'm focusing on making good swings for now and will work on improvement when they event is over.

I also spent 30 minutes putting, which included a 4' coin drill (16 putts,  better than the 90 handicap benchmark, so I'm happy) and speed drills from 12' and 15' (get the ball to the hole, without going too far past) and 30', 33', and 40' drills (hit the ball as close to the right distance).   This was on a real green with real golf balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 11:

Took a break from full swing today and did the yardstick putting bead drill.

-Peter

Day 78, August 11, 2021:

Worked on my “taller” feeling setup. It feels a little weird, with my head higher, but looser. I have a long torso, so getting to the ball isn’t a problem. I’ll post a DTL swing video in the next few days. I’ll have to actually see it, to see my feeling is correct.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 290: Played 18 this morning before the heat. Played pretty well with a long drive of 262 (not downhill!) and lots of up and downs (7). Shot a 78.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3087366

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 168.  I spent over an hour and a half practicing today.  I hit a small bucket at a range near me (off of mats) -- I didn't hit at my usual slower practice pace, as my goal today isn't changing the picture but rather getting ready for several rounds coming up, starting tomorrow + Saturday (and hopefully Sunday if I make the cut!).  Still, with rehearsal swings and so on, it was over an hour for 30 balls.  I then spent 30 minutes putting, but I didn't bring the stuff to do drills (since that's in my practice bag), but I worked on 4', 6', 12', 15', 30', and 35' putts, with the usual goals on each. 

-- Michael | My swing!