IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

day 30 - grip work while talking with my wife on the back patio discussing work woes

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 99: 4/6/2022

Hit a lot of balls at the range today. Spent most of my time working on my priority pieces with a 6 iron. But I also hit at least a couple balls with every club in the bag. Then I did a lot of putting. Between the Phil Mickelson 3 foot circle drill (Which I also did at 6 feet) and a couple of pace drills, I'm sure I spent at least a half hour on putting. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 157, April 6, 2022

Played 18 holes at Lawrence Park GC.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 82:

Attempted some ball work with 7-iron, but gassed out after about 10 balls, still affected by a cold, plus it was a hot and sunny 80 degree F day (well hot for the Bay Area in early April). Later I continued reinforcing my fingery grip, and also did some backswing rehearsals, working with open face at A2 feel.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 32.  Got home from work late but spent five minutes on the same drill as yesterday.  I really can't do the super long putts, but I can do the medium ones and wow does it feel different from how I approach such a putt normally... which I know enough about practice to know that's a good thing. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

We got stuck out at an appointment yesterday and I ended up forgetting to log yesterday's practice, so yesterday and today as follows:

Day 162 - Rained all day so I practiced short pitching motion shots in the house.

Day 163 - In describing my round on Tuesday, I talked about the results being mixed...the good, bad and ugly. Now that I am using Shot Scope V3 to track my rounds, however, I can put things in terms of strokes gained or lost. Being a 22 capper, I chose to compare my results to a 10 cap. Interesting, but perhaps not surprising, results are that of the 10.55 strokes which I lost to a 10 capper, 2.6 are from tee shots, 4.63 are from approach shots and 4.39 are in the short game. I actually gain about 1 shot in putting. 

Clearly, the "low hanging fruit" here is to focus on approach shots and short game. Accordingly, for today's practice I did the low point control drill (alignment rod 4" behind ball) with my 58* wedge and 8i. Real balls with the 58* and Almostgolf balls with the 8. The results were OK and I will take this drill to the range when I am able to get there (rain is predicted on and off for the next few days). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 538: played 18 this morning. Need short game work as I chunked a few chips. Distance wedges were pretty good. Driver was 50/50 but had several good drives. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 33: practiced on my indoor putting mat again as the weather outside was not suitable for golf (heavy winds and rain)

cheers Chris

Day 100: 4/7/2022

I'm taking it a little easy today. Just putting. 
I basically did Day 15 from the Covid 30-day challenge. Plus the Phil Mickelson 3 foot clock drill. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 158, April 7, 2022

Made swings while watching a guy in a hot pink shirt make his way around Augusta National's front nine.

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 158, April 7, 2022

Made swings while watching a guy in a hot pink shirt make his way around Augusta National's front nine.

day 31 - same! Most fun watching golf in a while. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 119 (07 Apr 22) - grabbed the 4h and worked on swing setup focused on weight forward (used alignment rod beside lead hip to “bump” in to).  Finished with some full swings before settling into to catch Tiger’s return.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 83:

Lots of backswing practice watching The Masters on my tablet. Hit some balls later on in the day. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 33.  My TV picked one heck of a day to not want to work.  Anyway, I went to run errands and stopped at a nearby golf course (not my usual one) to putt for 15 minutes.  Green was sanded so I didn't do a drill (why?) but instead tried to hit the longer putts I had been hitting at home and get that same feeling. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 164 - Short game stats showed that a high percentage of my short game shots came up short, so today I worked on the ladder drill, starting with a short shot and moving progressively longer, then a long shot moving progressively shorter with my 58* wedge. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 539: Worked on flow with irons and drivers with easier feeling swings. Also worked on chips and pitches from funky lies. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 120 (08 Apr 22) - played 18 at Minnesott today.  Had opportunity to work with stiff winds (primarily head and tail) as it was gusting upwards of 20mph.  Definitely a challenge. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 159, April 8, 2022

Got downtown about 30 minutes before the first lesson of the day and hit some balls. Yay.