IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 23

While I planned to only putt today, it was too nice out not to hit balls in the yard. So more wedge work, and another match against the little guy in the books. Also hit some mid and long irons in my office. Tomorrow will be the first day of play this year. Looking forward to it. 

The course is pretty short and getable. But my goal for the day is going to be fairways and greens. Not planning to attack pins. Just maximize chances at birdie, and hope some putts fall. Really curious if all the work I did with the flat stick will translate to the course.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 145 (03 May 22) - more of the double stork drill today, working with 3w and 7i.  Alternated shots with foot back and normal stance.  While feel ain’t real, it feels real good to confidently put my weight on my lead foot and know I am not going to scream.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 188 - Range work today. hit 9 to 3 shots with my PW, 7i and Heavenwood to warm up. Then worked on approach shots by hitting HW, hybrids and 7i, followed by some drivers then pitch shots with my UW. Then spent a few minutes on the Pitch and Putt course hitting shots to the various greens. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator
23 hours ago, WillieT said:

I used it to set up for all shots (except putter) seeing much more consistent ball striking.  Why I had not been working on this more often is my stupidity.   What I like about this is that when I did this in 2020 as part of the challenge I could barely stay balanced, today I was consistently balanced and confident.  

Nice!

Day 184, May 3, 2022

Stayed after Bill and Scott left and hit balls for 15 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 109:

Kept working on Covid-19 day-5 drills, using a 6 iron today.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 564: Did all day GEARS session and practice at Golf Evolution.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 24

All this practice the past couple months. First day of the league....and we get rained out. So I kind of took the day off. Still hit some wedges while on a conference call, but wasn't working on anything in particular. 

Maxfli Tour X

Day 58.  Today was a later-start day at the office, so I got to take a walk this morning.  Before and after the morning walk, I spent ten minutes on my usual, although today I didn't have any instances where I stopped and hadn't rehearsed it correctly, so it was more balls than it might otherwise have been. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 58: spent half an hour on the range and then played 3 holes with a friend before the sun went down.. 

cheers Chris

Day 146 (04 May 22) - Today was the long and the short of it.  Started the day with some putting work, specifically working on distance based on the number of paces from the cup.  The bedroom allows for up to 6 paces away (I don't have a long step), so I worked on 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 paces distances.   Moved outside to work on the Stork drill some more, this time with driver and 6i using the hard foam balls.  Can see a definite improvement in the shot dispersion (those balls only fly about 80yds (closer to 90 with a good tailwind), to my neighbor's lot behind his house  (thankfully he's obliging to my intrusions)).   Makes for easy work across the bag.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 189 - Raining today so I did some bead work: hit putts through a gate set 3' in front of the ball, swinging the putter between two balls set about 1/2" wider than the putter head. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 185, May 4, 2022

Had a good three-hour practice session downtown. Mostly did work, took breaks (of course).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25

Instead of just hitting balls in my office today, I opted to mentally "play" 18 at our league's course. Unfortunately, I'm in between sims. So I didn't have exact yardages or anything to play off of. Just kind of judged it by the quality of my strike. Would then pick a club for the next shot that would be in the ballpark of what I'd end up with on the actual course. 

Maxfli Tour X

Day 110:

Covid-19 day-5 drills with a 9-iron, and Mevo+ to track ball flight, about 40 balls. Got my tripod out of the closet and tried to record a few balls, but it was too dark to get decent video quality.

I'm pleased that the ball is going somewhat toward target most of the time, and only a few dead pulls or huge open face push slices. But contact with the drill is not as good as I want.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 59.  Came home between times I needed to be at the office today, both to do some work from home and, just as importantly, golf practice.  Same drill as the past week.

Tomorrow we'll see if it translates to the course. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 59: spent some time putting at home as I couldn't go to the range

cheers Chris

Day 190 - Two hours at my courses putting green and range today.

1) Did Brodie's Fall Line and 5-foot drills, followed by some lag putting practice from 30'. My lag putting needs work.

2) Range-work included hitting partial wedge shots (UW and SW), followed by 8i, 7i, 6H and 9W trying for keeping the ball within an area of the range and consistent distance. Then hit some drivers.

3) Back to the putting green for some chipping practice.