IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 64 (17 Aug 22) - played 18 with son and grandson today.  Good day in course management and adjusting to super soft conditions.  Wedge play was very solid, irons/long clubs so so. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 164.  After work, I had time for fifteen good practice balls (in about as many minutes) in my indoor practice room.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10:

Skipped practice yesterday due to friends in town that I haven't seen in awhile. Today did some work with 7-iron on getting correct backswing depth, and hit a few balls.

Also tried the "makeable putts" game, albeit indoors on a rug, with a golf ball as the hole. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 24: This morning's practice was slow motion "swings," more like serial posing, stopping at A2, then A4, then rehearsing the transition move dropping the club, shallowing the shaft, and motorcycling slightly. Then move down to club horizontal (P6), impact, then follow through. I did it in front of a mirror for some of the swings. After a few minutes, I tried combining the move to the top and the transition into one move. At the very end of the session, I, I hit a couple of foam balls. (When I do a correct transition with shallowing, my brain thinks I'm going to shank the ball...which I probably will, for a while, if I can manage to get this integrated into my swing. Hence the foam ball practice. I didn't shank any of the foam balls.) Breaking down these components, by far the hardest one for me when actually swinging and not moving though poses is getting from the transition to P6. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 654: Played 18 at NK with @Bob M

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 293 - Played 18 at North Kingstown with @boogielicious

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 32: 8/18/2022

My practice had been really good lately, but today I couldn't quite get it right. 
Worked on my priority pieces with the 6-iron and never really got into a groove. I did my usual things but I didn't feel as though I was getting my usual results. 
Switched to working priority pieces with the driver and had similar issues. It just wasn't quite right. 

I did do the "makeable putts" challenge twice and one of them I did pretty well. I got a 31. So there's that. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 65 (18 Aug 22) - Drill today focused on the grip and strengthening it.  Used the 3w and driver in the drill, with spray powder into the net.  Also worked on tempo using a 1-2-3 / 1 count.  Good day on swing mechanics. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 290, August 18, 2022

Hit some shots on the range after Behrend tryouts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 165.  I gave myself a practice session of about 15 minutes and about a dozen balls to clear my mind between reading drafts of a paper of mine that's due soon.  My usual rehearsal steps and indoors and so on.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 11:

Worked on backswing indoors, using LVP camera as a digital mirror.

Also did more makeable putts game on a rug. 

-Peter

Day 655: Spent 5-10 minutes doing my priority piece motion slowly. I didn’t hit, but worked on the feel through to A9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 66 (19 Aug 22) a bit of rain, so I worked on the putter stroke - tempo, equal take back and follow thru.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 33: 8/19/2022

Got to the range today. Worked mostly on my driver. Only hit like 30 balls. Took me about an hour. 

Then I headed over to the putting green to do the "Makeable Putt Challenge". 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 294 - 9-hole league tonight; putting needs work.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 166.  Another dozen, same as the past few days.

This has been a long week at work, and I'm glad for this challenge because without it I might make an excuse to not hit any balls, and I'm still glad I did the normal practices.  I acknowledge I'm not varying it very much the past week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 25: Today I played a simulated round. The warm up was focused on my transition move, trying to shallow the club and have it not get more deep and behind me. I decided to “play” the round and commit to swinging that way even if I missed the ball. The goal was to work on the move even during a round, even though I know it wasn’t a real round. The scoring was terrible as I had alot of difficulty hitting the ball solid. Path was too much in to out but face angle was less shut to path than usual. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 12:

Worked on backswing with driver, and hit a few balls with 5-iron.

-Peter