IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3. Wrist is a little sore today so I just did some chipping/pitching work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 - Played 9 holes at Crestwood Golf Club in RI today. Had 6 good holes (3 over) and 3 not so good holes (8 over), but had a great time on a really nice course. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 171, April 20, 2023

Didn't get a ton of work in today but got five minutes with a LagShot. The weight was similar to having a Torc on the club. I didn't hit balls.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28: Putting practice with the Putting Arc. Felt like my backswing was not as inside as my normal stroke and the forward swing arced more left. My normal arc is tilted a little right. Fun drills.

Day 32:

Continued working on priority piece with 6-iron. After struggling for a bit and getting annoyed with myself, I recalled a comment my teacher made in last lesson “remember to make a full, good backswing”. I stopped and took some time to rehearse backswing and then started over and had some success. Got out Mevo+ and did a 15 ball shot zone exercise and was pretty happy with results. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3: did some mirror work today. Working on my drill, trying to get those feels over to the full swing a bit more. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4: Went to the range today at lunch and hit balls for about 35 minutes. More of a random practice than anything - trying to figure out where the ball is going right now. It was good - I know my stock shot right now (5ish yard pull-draw), and I was making good contact. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2 - Practiced slow motion driver swings and Mclachlin's "stock" pitch shot in the yard today. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 4. Wrist is still a bit sore and I didn’t want to hit off mats. So I did do some short game work in the yard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 55 (21 Apr 23) - played 18 today Minnesott (front solo, back nine with a couple of friends).  Worked on setup, especially on drives.  Paid off with 10 of 14 fairways hit.  Being short on approaches allowed me to work on up and downs for par, which 5 of the 8 pars were.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 172, April 21, 2023

Hit four or five balls downtown, then went to Whispering Woods and played two or three balls for most of about six holes. Hit some REALLY good shots, and some truly awful ones. Can't forget the flow, but when it's all there, it's good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2: 4/21/2023

Got to the range today and had a really good practice session.

I started with block practice on my priority pieces with a 6 iron. 
Then I moved on to random practice by playing all the holes from my tournament course on the range setting up imaginary out of bound and hazards etc... 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 29: Putting practice at The Creek. Greens were fast for this course and my speed was  fair. Did very well on comebackers.  Skin cancer excision today will likely hinder my ability to play this weekend.

Day 33:

Short game practice and some putting inside  

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3 - Practice driver swings in the yard today, based on a Danny Maude video. Careful setup; backswing: imagine turning far enough to look at the tree behind me; downswing: imagine I was doing the hammer throw. All of this seemed to keep me in good positions thru finish.

Addendum to Day 1: I having a classic "senior moment" I mentioned playing at Crestwood (an actual, but private course in my area) whereas I actually played a Pinecrest, a nice public course not far from URI.  

@boogielicious - Remind me to tell you why the clubhouses here and at Rose Hill look alike.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bob M said:

Remind me to tell you why the clubhouses here and at Rose Hill look alike.

Built by the same outfit, correct? I like Pinecrest.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 27: 21 Apr

Played 18 holes at home course (did some backswing drills before I left). Setting aside the 11th, when I basically forgot how to play golf….I played -3 under handicap. Plenty of nice golf, recovered well from bad situations. Off the tee needs to be improved - that’s key to me making my next big step.

Day 28: 22 Apr

Continued with backswing drills, making a full turn and trying to prevent an overswing. Combined that with transition maintaining the feel of right elbow in my side.