IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 56, May 26 - Worked on my takeaway  with a stronger grip for a better backswing per my lesson. Filmed it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 112 - May 26, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2178918

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 24:

10 minutes of backswing work today. Worked on my new found lack of hip rotation on the backswing. Noticed I get more hand depth when I turn more. Go figure. 

Day 21: Worked for about 10 minutes on my putting stroke with a mirror. Trying to work on my through stroke length more than anything else. Also looking at making sure I keep my head still during the stroke.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5/26/18:

Day 10:

Still trying to figure out why my distance with my irons has all of the sudden disappeared. So I did some impact drills again today... Still can't figure it out..

Dumb game.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 147 With scool now out for the summer, my school taxi is no longer needed. I can now go to the practice area before sun up now if I want, while enjoying the cool mornings. 

Today I started at 5am with 100 yard shots to a pin. Aim, alignment, and nice easy swings were my focus. After warming up, I hit 28 balls. (B+)

Next was chipping/putting practice. Using one ball, focus was on chipping the the ball close enough, for easier one putts. This meant I had to read the greens before my chips, and hit the correct landing area on the green, based on those reads. Chips were from various areas off the green to various practice pins. Had a good morning for an (A-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 188    Rainy again, NOT a problem.  Working indoors with my Impact Ball and shortened 5 iron on staying in posture... and quality of movement.  Also went out in the driveway and did a lot of swings with the Orange Whip... and of course time with Gravity Fit, Iron Mind Gripper and bands, and at last time with the Power Swing Trainer! 

IMG_20180527_110221253.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 25:

30+ minutes of practice today. 15-20 minutes of short game practice pitching to targets with my LW in the backyard. After that I did 10-15 minutes of full swing work. Working on hip turn backswing and then elbows on downswing. Finished with a few pitches with my PW working on lower running shot around greens.

Day 22: Back to mirror work tonight. A little more than 5 minutes, working on my takeaway still. Feel like I'm getting close to moving onto to something else, but I need to confirm on camera first.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 113 - May 27, 2018 - A little putting practice after our party.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 148

Out early this morning doing some range stuff. Range balls we're free today due to the holiday.

Warmed up with the first 20 balls. After that, I went through my bag of clubs in a staggered sequence. Driver, LW, 3W, SW, 5W, AW, and so on till I ran out of clubs. Hit 3 balls with each club, all full swings. It was a quick session.

All I was looking for was decent ball contact, and ball flights. (B-)

In My Bag:

DAY 189    Spent three hours on the range, though a couple of rain showers came through and I had to take cover in the gazebo next to the range (see picture below from inside it).  Continued to work on staying in posture and releasing the club... using drills from my GGGA Workbook.   Tomorrow morning is my lesson and we will see how much progress I have made.

IMG_20180528_115647330_HDR.jpg

• Administrator

Day 114 - May 28, 2018 - Playing nine holes later with @NatalieB.

Update: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2185184

Day 23: A little bit of putting work today. Working on making sure my through swing is not longer than my back swing. Also making sure my head is still during the stroke.

-- Daniel

Day 26:

20+ minutes of full swing work. Worked on proper hip turn on the backswing. Little bit of elbow work on the downswing still. Hit a few full speed shots, and filmed one for my swing thread. 

Day 59, May 29 - Playing 18 today. Had a good range session yesterday. I think the grip and backswing changes will help things.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 148

Out early this morning doing some range stuff. Range balls we're free today due to the holiday.

Warmed up with the first 20 balls. After that, I went through my bag of clubs in a staggered sequence. Driver, LW, 3W, SW, 5W, AW, and so on till I ran out of clubs. Hit 3 balls with each club, all full swings. It was a quick session.

All I was looking for was decent ball contact, and ball flights. (B-)

In My Bag:

Day 149. I see my day 148 was waiting to be posted this morning. Now it's posted twice. Not going to worry about it. 

This morning it was the old 30-40 yard pitch shot to a pin behind the practice bunker. The bunker with the mound above it that slopes towards the pin a few yards away. 

Focus was to fly the ball over the bunker, and land near the pin. I hit this practice shot so as not to intimidated should I see it on the course, when playing for a score. 

Out of 42 balls, three became bunker practice shots. They didn't make it over the bunker. However,  all three did make it out of the bunker on the first try.  (B)

In My Bag: