IGNORED

2018 Genesis Open (Riviera, Hogan's Alley)

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 2256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking forward to another great day of golf on my TV, should be an exciting conclusion.

Some great pairings today for the final round:

Rory McIlroy and Matt Kuchar (awesome Ryder Cup singles match)

Charley Ho(ffman) and Charles Ho(well 3) - where else do you get 2 Charlie Ho's in one place?

Retief Goosen and Vijay Singh (is this the Champions Tour?)

Luke Donald, Adam Scott, Paddy Harrington (International SuperGroup)

Dustin Johnson and Ryan Moore (clash of styles)

Sam Saunders and Phil Mickelson (Most Beloved Past & Present)

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, GolfLug said:

Is that some kinda training aid?

I think it was @jsgolfer (advance apologies to whomever did so) identified it earlier in the thread, try somewhere around the middle.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Hope DJ makes a run at it. JT as well. DJ really battled his ass off to get back into contention.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Ryan Moore starts his round 3 - 3, that's Eagle - Birdie.

Its also the 2nd time this week he's had that great start (round 2), he's at -9 and 1 shot behind leader Bubba.

Don't you shank no more 

DJ can leave back to Florida as fast as he can get to SMO after his round.

Sam Saunders can be sitting on the plane waiting and Paulina can call some of her sources to get the plane catered "special".

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

Adam Hadwin & John Huh are the hottest golfers on the course today, both 4 under par

Don't you shank no more 

what is that speed training thing Phil was using on the range? 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

CBS is boring me with their coverage. I wish the media would give up on the Phil Mickleson love...he hasn't won in years and should be in the senior tour already. Phil needs to move on too. He won't win again.

Edited by JSGolf

Good tournament unfolding, great players on a great course. Who's going to pull out a victory? Cantlay or Na? Or elite level major winners Mickelson or Watson? Somebody else?

Don't you shank no more 

Bubba holes it from the bunker on 14 for birdie, now has a 2 shot lead at -11

Don't you shank no more 

1 hour ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Good tournament unfolding, great players on a great course. Who's going to pull out a victory? Cantlay or Na? Or elite level major winners Mickelson or Watson? Somebody else?

I can't believe some people were saying this was a blah course on wed. This is a GREAT course.

Trollin' is the life

Bubba gits'er done! 1st win in 2 seasons. Bubba has now won this tournament 3 times joining Ben Hogan & Arnold Palmer on that elite list. He was very happy yet emotional with this victory, even visibly crying in the post round interview with Kostis.

Mickelson also had a very good week and continued his good play. Saunders had his worst round of the week yet spent a lot of time this week in the top 5 & top 10, overall a very good week for a player of his status. Americans dominated the leaderboard, lots of good things happened this week, plenty for golf fans to be happy about.

Don't you shank no more 

48 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Bubba gits'er done! 1st win in 2 seasons. Bubba has now won this tournament 3 times joining Ben Hogan & Arnold Palmer on that elite list. He was very happy yet emotional with this victory, even visibly crying in the post round interview with Kostis

I've always been a Bubba fan - glad to see him get a win to end the drought

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Yep! Bubba is back! I noticed he was AWOL last year and finally came to understand why during the tournament coverage. Always enjoyed his go for broke style. Saw him at the WGC Bridgestone, and he hit shots I could not believe!

Some #toursauce

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This under 30 minute highlight package sums up 3.5 hours of coverage, which imho is unwatchable in real time.

Steve

Patrick Cantlay might be a modern day Ernie Els. Forget the follow through moves, he is so smooth through the ball. 

Steve

Note: This thread is 2256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!