IGNORED

Dilemma with old wedge...keep for prctice or sell

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dilemma with old wedge...keep for prctice or sell  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Dilemma with old wedge...keep for prctice or sell

• Keep!
    • Get rid of it!
    • Either or.
    • Donate to a poor Nigerian in an internet bar.

I'd keep it because it's worth about 20 bucks if it's more than a year old in my neighborhood. Post a pic of the grooves and back of the club.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

10 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I'd keep it because it's worth about 20 bucks if it's more than a year old in my neighborhood. Post a pic of the grooves and back of the club.

You might be surprised what clubs sell for on eBay, especially Vokey wedges.

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

You might be surprised what clubs sell for on eBay, especially Vokey wedges.

I'm not surprised because people over pay all the time. It all would come down to model and condition. Like you said though value of something is what you can sell it for.

Trollin' is the life

On 2/26/2018 at 2:50 PM, Valleygolfer said:

I recently picked up a new 60° wedge at the end of the season and the other wedge is now left to be either gather dust in the corner, sold  or used for range practice. When I practice at the range I generally just hit to landing areas due to the relatively beat up and dry-er greens there so spin is not real important. This would make take the thousands of practice shots off the gamer. The only negative is that I have another club hanging around. Weigh in on the topic! Tia.

If it's not the same wedge as your gamer, get rid of it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

On 2/28/2018 at 10:00 AM, MuniGrit said:

20180301_124247.thumb.jpg.44e8c3ba5e9bd23df0e0217b8f26ef8a.jpg20180301_124302.thumb.jpg.2ff855c82d152fae0a2a6ca038ef5874.jpg

On 2/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, Mr. Desmond said:

If it's not the same wedge as your gamer, get rid of it.

One degree of bounce difference and old one had an x100 shaft and the new one has a s300.

3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

20180301_124247.thumb.jpg.44e8c3ba5e9bd23df0e0217b8f26ef8a.jpg20180301_124302.thumb.jpg.2ff855c82d152fae0a2a6ca038ef5874.jpg

One degree of bounce difference and old one had an x100 shaft and the new one has a s300.

Close enough - same grind - BUT there is a big difference between the SM5 and SM6/7 in terms of design, so I'd shine it up and trade it in. From my reading, Vokey made a relatively large departure in the SM6 and the 7 is more refinement.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

6 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Close enough - same grind - BUT there is a big difference between the SM5 and SM6/7 in terms of design, so I'd shine it up and trade it in. From my reading, Vokey made a relatively large departure in the SM6 and the 7 is more refinement.

K grind is pretty different in the two. We'll see how it plays soon hopefully.

Gosh, if this topic is already 2 pages long, I guess it proves golfers will talk about anything golf related. I am interested though on finding a consensus on this burning issue. What to do with a used club, which isn't even worth $25? My reply to the OP would be, consider yourself blessed. If this is the type of problem(s) you have in your life, you are blessed with a good life.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

58 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Gosh, if this topic is already 2 pages long, I guess it proves golfers will talk about anything golf related. I am interested though on finding a consensus on this burning issue. What to do with a used club, which isn't even worth $25? My reply to the OP would be, consider yourself blessed. If this is the type of problem(s) you have in your life, you are blessed with a good life.

Dude, this is serious business...

12 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Dude, this is serious business...

lol. Sorry... :whistle:

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

15 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Is this the wedge you threw in the pond at Sable Oaks? Or was that me? :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Is this the wedge you threw in the pond at Sable Oaks? Or was that me? :-P

I think that was my driver....:mad:   My wedges usually are nice to me...but the first time we played there I could have thrown the whole bag in...

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, GrandStranded said:

lol. Sorry... :whistle:

Don't ever complain about trivial golf conversation again... :naughty::-D

3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I think that was my driver....:mad:   My wedges usually are nice to me...but the first time we played there I could have thrown the whole bag in...

I’m thinking that is now your practice wedge. I’ve got a couple like that and bring them to the range. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Thats not worn at all. You should be able to get a good buck for it if you choose to sell it. Probably wont get much for it as a trade in, though. 

I know better than to trade it. It's got some wear but would sell easily. Right now it is in the keep and use, unless I don't (remember to use it or inconvenient)....then I will sell.

Out here, once we retire a wedge, they can still be used for rattlesnake control.:whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!