IGNORED

Lost A Good Friend Today

Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The club repair guy called me today. Seems my trusty putter of some 20-25 years is not repairable. Obviously I am devastated over this loss. :-( This club was my BBB. (best bag buddy). Other putters came, and went, but none could handle the job as well this club did. For  under $30, this putter was worth thousands............of memories

Apparently this putter was made up of two different metals. One heavier than the other. Where the two metals met, there was a crack. Actually two.  Not sure how the cracks developed since I did not mistreat it. However, it is possible a big temperature change may have facilitated the damage. Then years of wear, and tear took over from there. Vice versa maybe. 

So, now the bench warming "Heavy Putter" will now come into play. This putter is probably 10-15 years old itself, but has had very little use. It's in "new like" condition. 475 grams putter head, with a 75 gram counter weight in the handle. I can put a good roll on the ball with it. :-D 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/10/2018 at 11:02 PM, Patch said:

The club repair guy called me today. Seems my trusty putter of some 20-25 years is not repairable. Obviously I am devastated over this loss. :-( This club was my BBB. (best bag buddy). Other putters came, and went, but none could handle the job as well this club did. For  under $30, this putter was worth thousands............of memories

Apparently this putter was made up of two different metals. One heavier than the other. Where the two metals met, there was a crack. Actually two.  Not sure how the cracks developed since I did not mistreat it. However, it is possible a big temperature change may have facilitated the damage. Then years of wear, and tear took over from there. Vice versa maybe. 

So, now the bench warming "Heavy Putter" will now come into play. This putter is probably 10-15 years old itself, but has had very little use. It's in "new like" condition. 475 grams putter head, with a 75 gram counter weight in the handle. I can put a good roll on the ball with it. :-D 

Do you need a new friend?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

@Patch, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult of times. Im sure its gone to the great putting green in the sky.

On the plus side, maybe a chance to get a new toy, to help ease the pain of course ;-).

Silver lining s and all.

• Like 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

My condolences.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Sorry to hear. Did your friend have a name?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

It's a B1- model. One of the original ones made. I made a mistake above. It's 475 gms with a 225 gms counter weight, which raises the balance point up the shaft, 75% above normal. With the grip, it's close to 900 gms. Just going with what the paper work says. I still have the weight kit that came with it. It's pretty heavy. 

2 hours ago, LBlack14 said:

Sorry to hear. Did your friend have a name?

No, not really, but it did answer to "gawd damnit" a few times. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!