IGNORED

Patrick Reed: A Very Positive Read

Hardluckster
Note: This thread is 2079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, scotth said:

I didn't say that..... at all.  But as the commentators pointed out there was probably a better way to handle it.

In what way? Be witty? Come on, he has the right to be frank with those guys. He didn't raise his voice. He didn't call them names. He was straight to the point.

I hope that camera guy gets talked to by his supervisor. Guess what, they are probably contracted out. If the PGA Tour gets word they are upsetting the players, you lose a probably lucrative contract. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t know. Seems like a bit of a nothing-burger to me. If that was Ian Poulter, there’d be rage and expletives coming out. Reed didn’t do any of that. Not really a big deal to me.

Yeah, I see no problem with the way Reed handled that, and I'm not a fan of his.  I'm not even quite sure what the guy was doing in his pocket at that moment.  I just finished volunteer caddying at an event and made certain in any instance when a player was getting ready to hit or putt to stay as motionless as possible.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...

A news reporter once asked Ben Hogan a question  he didn't like, an his response was" Young man, that's probably the stupidest question I'v ever heard."  like Patrick Reed. he's sort of a throwback to the old days, a tough competitor like Watson, Lanny Watkins, and Paul Azinger. i really don't give a fat crap if he offends the news media. Some of them deserve it.

Having taught young performers for 40+ years, I just take is as par for the course for younger people moving up in their skills and achievements to seem a tad too abrasive.  As they get on, they realize they need to simply get on with it and try to replace stress in their lives.  I think Patrick will do and some of that is being seen. As to the TV crew incidence, he firmly handled what was bothering him and it was his right to do so.  The crew was, indeed, in the way.  No vulgarity, just firm.  Am I really only one of the few that remember John McEnroe moving up the ranks from Junior to Senior in Tennis?  By comparison, Patrick is light years ahead. 

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

4 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Am I really only one of the few that remember John McEnroe moving up the ranks from Junior to Senior in Tennis?  By comparison, Patrick is light years ahead. 

I saw chalkdust!

Its easy to say ‘he could have handled it better’. But who was faulty here? Not Reed, he was doing his job. Good for him to say something. Getting to like him more and more.

21 hours ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

A news reporter once asked Ben Hogan a question  he didn't like, an his response was" Young man, that's probably the stupidest question I'v ever heard."  like Patrick Reed. he's sort of a throwback to the old days, a tough competitor like Watson, Lanny Watkins, and Paul Azinger. i really don't give a fat crap if he offends the news media. Some of them deserve it.

Seriously, I was watching some of the interviews yesterday with players on golf channel... I might explode if I had to answer some of the stupid questions they just pester these guys with.  If it isn’t a stupid question its the same question thats been asked 10 times just an 11th different way of wording it.  I have zero problems with Reed and enjoy rooting for him.  That being said if its him vs Jordan I’m rooting for Jordan lol.  

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 2079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!