IGNORED

Levelhead Ball Marker

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me if these can be useful? I saw an ad on TV and thought it might be helpful, bu the reviews seemed mixed. The bad reviews seemed unfair as if the device was magic and could read double breaks. Sometimes when I am standing over a 6 footer I am not sure if it is level or if there is a slight break. I also find it frustrating when it looks to break one way from behind the put and then the other way from opposite the hole. I know you can't use these in competition, but I thought it might help me during practice rounds and also help me learn (perhaps).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haven't heard anything about the ball marker, but an alternative to an easy means to read green slope when practicing would be using a large clear plastic cup filled 1/2 to 3/4 with water.

Set the cup on a level surface and mark the water level on the cup with a fine point marker.
Then set the cup on the putting green in the area of practice and observe the water level markings.

Actually if you use something to place around the cup to mark it, works better and then fill the cup to the marking level.
Tape can also be used for marking or leave it on.

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

If I put a spirit level on a door frame it tells me what that frame is like. Not the one in the adjoining room.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Shorty said:

If I put a spirit level on a door frame it tells me what that frame is like. Not the one in the adjoining room.

I might use it or the cup/water as Club Rat suggested to find the 12 and 6 O'Clock positions. Or use it as I mentioned on those tough-to-read puts. The ones where I ask myself "is it flat or does it break". When the put is inside a few feet I might put some pace on it and shoot for the center. If the put is longer the decision is harder.

Edited by Carl3

12 hours ago, Shorty said:

I get your point, but it will still help on short putts inside of 6'.

11 hours ago, Carl3 said:

The ones where I ask myself "is it flat or does it break". When the put is inside a few feet I might put some pace on it and shoot for the center. If the put is longer the decision is harder.

The problem is, even knowing the direction of the break, you don't know the magnitude, so you still really have half a read.

Do this:

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Check out Aimpoint.   You'll learn to read the greens using your feet.   I'm a believer as are many on the forum.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!