IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Because you're so excited about ChrisP's upcoming tattoo? 

Tiger right down the middle! :-) 

Lol lol lol!!!

My stomach feels like Muhammad Ali is playing Jenga against Michael J Fox inside it.....

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Zeph said:

At least Tiger got his first tee nerves in check and find the fairway.

Seriously. Maybe he can avoid his opening bogey or double.

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Huh.  74.7 / 140 is listed as the CR/SR for the course in U.S. Open set up-- the slope rating isn't different than the course itself from the tips on a normal day.  Maybe they didn't measure? 

They don't.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

They don't.

Oh :-(  For some reason I thought the USGA would.  Now I can stop looking for that information.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Careful...

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Never mind. :-P

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Er... no.  The slope rating is meaningful here.  A course I played periodically has a slope rating of 114;  if the pros were shooting X there, it is reasonable to assume an amateur at index 10 would shoot X+16 or so.  I think the course in a normal setup is a slope rating of 140 (I couldn't find CR/SR for US Open setup at an easy glance).

Anyone remember the U.S. Open challenges, where three celebrities and a contest winner would play the US Open course, strict rules of golf, and see how they did?  Those were fun.   

Yes, I was referring to the slope with this line:

Although if your index is 10 and theirs is +6 your course handicaps at Shinnecock will be a bit further apart.

It's 140?  So the 10 index is a 12 and the +6 is a +7.  So they are 19 strokes apart.  You can add another stroke for the .96 multiplier and that makes it 20.  So if the pros are shooting 75 out there, @lastings has a chance to shoot 95.  The specifics of the course might stretch the difference a few more strokes, but we've got some wiggle room to break 100.  He'll need to bring his A game.  Often a 10 shows up and plays like a 20, which won't do at all.

Also, I'm assuming a good 10 handicap (plays the ball down, counts them all, plays tournaments).  I'm a 10 index and when I watch "10s" at the Pebble Beach pro am I'm thinking I would hand them their lunch every day and twice on Sunday.

Oh no.  Shades of Phil at Torrey Pines on that par-5 on the back on Saturday. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tiger just kept those first tee nerves in check until after the first shot. Making a mess of this one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I've hit fat putter shots too Tiger :-(  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Never a good sign when you are putting your fourth shot on a par four from way off the green and the ball comes back down to you. He's going straight for a +3, +4 here.

• Administrator

If he can shoot -4 from here…

🤦🏼‍♂️

The first hole is ranked 16th in difficulty, with 12 birdies, 65 pars, 20 bogies and 2 doubles. FYI.

Nice par putt by Dustin.

-- Michael | My swing! 

That's a great putt by DJ.

• Administrator

Triple from <150 out in the middle of the fairway.

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!