IGNORED

2018 Fed Ex St. Jude Classic

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Really?  How often has the winner of a major won the week prior? 

You are lost. I never said that.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

What a hole in one by cink!

Cink used that ace plus 5 birdies to post a sizzling 64 today. He jumped all the way up to -10, just 3 off the lead.

• Upvote 1

Don't you shank no more 

DJ forges ahead, undeterred, still holding the lead at -15. 

Don't you shank no more 

Mickelson went out early and posted the low round of the day (tied) so far -  5 under 65 to vault up into the top 20.

Meanwhile, DJ's rock solid steady play has forged a 3 shot lead after the first 5 holes today.

Don't you shank no more 

DJ makes the turn with a 2 shot lead. Just 9 to play, can he bring home another W?

Don't you shank no more 

Geez Putnam, while we are young.... Talk about slow. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

DJ's distance and precision is carving up the field, he's cruising with just a few holes to go. Victory seems almost a certainty.

Don't you shank no more 

Dustin Johnson is unreal.  Second shot on the par-5... darn near gets to the green from trouble. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just a ho-hum 6 shot victory for Dustin, holing out on 18 for an eagle to cap it off.  Add another win to his career resume, a million bucks to his bank account, a buttload of FedEx Cup points, and a boost to #1 in the OWGR. It's all good for DJ. Now he can take all that plus his good form and a ton of positive momentum to Shinnecock.

• Like 1

Don't you shank no more 

I love that DJ played, and won today. What a great way to reclaim #1 before Shinnecock. And saying emphatically Justin who? in the process. 18 was a huge statement to next week's field.

Love it.

I enjoyed DJ kickin’ ass. I know Putnam is new and trying to get his wings...but didn’t become a fan from this. Zero personality, hardly ever if at all acknowledged the fans or smiled. Just a pure dud for me. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Nice win for Dustin.  It will be interesting to see if this mojo carries on at the U.S. Open. It seems the oddsmakers like his chances even though history suggests otherwise.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

12 hours ago, DaveEtt said:

And saying emphatically Justin who?

Poor sucker, he just happens to be one of the few people in the history of golf to make it to #1.  that must really stink for him

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!