IGNORED

TST Pet Thread

Aaronaltr
Note: This thread is 1157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, everyone! Here's a new thread to lighten up the mood, our own pet discussions. I own a Pomeranian named Jake. Whenever I come home to this cuddly fella, I'm greeted with a happy lick on my feet and a friendly bark. I raised him since he was a pup. We usually play catch in our backyard during my days off (though we had to secure a wireless dog fence, just so he wouldn’t stray far from our yard, another way to keep him off our neighbor's yard too). Overall, he’s a very loyal companion. How about yours? What’s your pet story?

4.jpg

My wife and I have had many pets and if I said "Go", she'd have another Shih-Tzu faster than 9 holes of golf.  We've had guinea pigs, mice, rabbits, hedge hogs, a couple cats, and several great dogs including a Malamute,  Doberman, Irish Setter (dummest dog in the world), and our favorite Shih-Tzu.    Samson, our latest Shih-Tzu died a couple years ago at 15 and I suggested to the wife that we could get another dog or do some traveling (she wouldn't board the dog).   So currently we are without a dog.

My daughter about 8 years ago, rescued a black cat named Batman, brought him home and then moved out without him!   He a great cat but getting on in years and requiring medication twice / day for thyroid.  

Personally since we are at a time in our lives where we aren't too tied down, I'm ready to be without a pet.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have two "Big Guys" that keep us company. Mik & Moose

Mik we have had 11 years, since he was a 6 week old pup. He's 145lbs of AKC American Bulldog. He grew bigger than his mom and dad combined. 

Moose was brought to us to "keep untill we can find him a good home" by our youngest daughter. Our daughter had Mik's mom, and dad, and they we're getting rough with the cute puppy Moose. That was 10 years ago. Moose is a Collie/St Bernard mix, and grew to 150 lbs. 

As youngsters these two were a load to handle, but they were good dogs, who liked most people, and other dogs. One remarkable thing is, as two males, they have never once been in ruckus with one another. Oh, they played hard with one another, but never hurt each other.

Mik is the "Hero" of the two, as he kept my wife from getting mugged, while she was walking him in a Vegas park. 

Most of their lives have been living in the wilds of desert southwest, while we did volunteer work for the NPS. On a few occasions they have tangled with bad guys, snakes, bobcats, a cougar, coyotes, and one Big Horn Ram. The Ram is responsible for most their battle scars. They took care of us, as our protectors.. 

These days, they are in retirement mode. We take care of them, and of course they have earned their lazy days. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• iacas changed the title to TST Pet Thread

This guy is not the smartest, indifferent as well, definitely ADD, can't stay in one place for long, has been to 2 countries, 5 states and scratches up walls, furniture and curtains.

23667571_148495885879134_712023057181651

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Currently we have a black and white cat named Mew Mew.  He’s kind of a dick, and only wants to be petted when it suits him.  

One of his odd traits is every time I go to the bathroom in morning he jumps on my lap.  

I’d post a picture, but I have no clue how to do that from my phone.  Oh wait...

3A86D342-1B65-4FFA-9B53-C2C9D968BD7D.jpeg

Corey

We have a boxer and mutt. Cooper, the 95 lbs boxer, is the most obnoxious and food-driven dog I've ever known (video of him whining for food). But he's a gentle giant. He wouldn't know how to bite a person.

Lucy is a 3-legged beagle/wired-hair something mix. She is definitely the smarter of the two but wasn't smart enough to avoid chasing cars a few years back... hence the three legs.

IMG_0802.thumb.jpg.7caff33817375ced63f4bf65410bb65d.jpg

While Cooper's sole purpose in life is to eat himself to death, Lucy would like nothing better than to rid the world - or at least our property - of red squirrels. 

Edited by JonMA1

Jon

This is Fonzee.  6 year old Collie.  Loves me and follows me everywhere

20170324_181447.jpg

Mollee. 4 year old miniature long-haired Doxie.  She is so dang cute  and stubborn!

Mollee.jpg

Buffy.  9 year old, who like Fonzee, loves me to death.  Follows me around the house and hangs out with me everywhere i go in the house.

Buffy.jpg

Munchkin.  2 year old.  This picture is when we first got her.  She is a sweetheart!

Munchie.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 8/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, dennyjones said:

My wife and I have had many pets and if I said "Go", she'd have another Shih-Tzu faster than 9 holes of golf.  We've had guinea pigs, mice, rabbits, hedge hogs, a couple cats, and several great dogs including a Malamute,  Doberman, Irish Setter (dummest dog in the world), and our favorite Shih-Tzu.    Samson, our latest Shih-Tzu died a couple years ago at 15 and I suggested to the wife that we could get another dog or do some traveling (she wouldn't board the dog).   So currently we are without a dog.

My daughter about 8 years ago, rescued a black cat named Batman, brought him home and then moved out without him!   He a great cat but getting on in years and requiring medication twice / day for thyroid.  

Personally since we are at a time in our lives where we aren't too tied down, I'm ready to be without a pet.  

Since this last post, Batman has passed.   He will be missed.   He was a dog in a cat's body.    

The pandemic has definitely changed the dynamic of our household.   My wife got another Shih-Tzu and then a few months later decided he needed a playmate.   We now have two dogs that run our lives even though they are "her" dogs.   

I told her pets or travel and that backfired because of the pandemic.   Now she want the two dogs and travel!  I told her we can travel as long as we head toward good golf.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

58 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

My cat is not fearless, she just doesn't understand golf:

image.png.1967e09bf68bd95f17f5aafa1e48a368.png

Show her this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

30 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Show her this.

😁 I'm going to try that with my cat but I think he'll just sit there blankly.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Since this last post, Batman has passed.   He will be missed.   He was a dog in a cat's body

Sorry to hear.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Note: This thread is 1157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!