IGNORED

PING introduces G410 iron, compact distance model

Note: This thread is 1912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

PING introduces G410 iron, compact distance model

Ping G410 Irons Announcement

Ensuring the distance demands of today’s golfer while advancing PING’s reputation for making the most-forgiving irons available, PING today introduced the G410 iron, a high-performance game-improvement model in a compact design.

G410iron_7cavityRender 3.png

“IN THE G410 IRON, OUR ENGINEERS CHALLENGED THE IDEA THAT YOU CAN’T MAKE AN IRON SMALLER AND INCREASE THE FORGIVENESS AT THE SAME TIME. THEY’VE DEVELOPED A CLEAN, HIGHLY APPEALING DESIGN WITH LESS OFFSET AND A SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER MOI WHEN COMPARED TO THE G400 IRON. IT’S THE MOST FORGIVING IRON OF ITS SIZE.”

—JOHN K. SOLHEIM, PING PRESIDENT

G410iron_7faceRender 2.pngG410ironBadgeExplodeILL 3.pngG410ironCrossSectionILL 1.pngG410ironWgtsExplodeILL 1.png

G410iron_7addressRender 2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mmm, quite like those. Suppose being PING they wont be cheap though.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Mmm, quite like those. Suppose being PING they wont be cheap though.

Really? Compared to what?

The G400 irons weren't all that expensive.

My daughter loves her G400 irons (and driver, and fairway metal, and hybrid).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I like those.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The pictures ( other than the weight plug) and description of being smaller remind me of my Ping i.e.-1 irons.  Love seeing Game improvement irons that appeal to those of us using players irons.  

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, colin007 said:

That last pic still looks like a lot of offset, no?

The 7-iron has 0.18" of offset. That's almost 4.6mm. A Titleist AP1 has only 3.5mm.

So, yeah, it seems to be quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Really? Compared to what?

The G400 irons weren't all that expensive.

My daughter loves her G400 irons (and driver, and fairway metal, and hybrid).

Not everyone can afford to spend £400 or so on irons, myself included. I'll wait till my 40th. Milestone birthday calls for a set of custom fit PING's i think.

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On 1/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, Typhoon92 said:

The pictures ( other than the weight plug) and description of being smaller remind me of my Ping i.e.-1 irons.  Love seeing Game improvement irons that appeal to those of us using players irons.  

Got our demo 410 irons, and just comparing the heads, it really doesn't look that much smaller.  The 410s do have a thinner top line, so it looks less bulky from top down, I guess.  Hit it a few times, and it's definitely a very forgiving club but I don't know how much more it was than the 400.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

33 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Got our demo 410 irons, and just comparing the heads, it really doesn't look that much smaller.  The 410s do have a thinner top line, so it looks less bulky from top down, I guess.  Hit it a few times, and it's definitely a very forgiving club but I don't know how much more it was than the 400.

Philly, probably very little difference in forgiveness or distance than last year...I agree.  Its only one year.  4-5 years you would notice a difference between what you have and something 4-5 years newer.  Thinner top line looks nice but how about blade length?  I was hoping a smaller head but I bet blade length is almost the same so they almost look the same.

How do u like the colors?  To me, maybe it's the bold red, but it looks like a Lego.  Same with the driver...I prefer no color...would make the clubs look smarter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Thinner top line looks nice but how about blade length?

The 410s might be slightly shorter. The toe almost looks flatter which is why it might be shorter. 

12 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

How do u like the colors?  To me, maybe it's the bold red, but it looks like a Lego.  Same with the driver...I prefer no color...would make the clubs look smarter.

Honestly, I barely noticed the coloring.   Pretty easy to pass over. I like the black and red on the driver, but on the iron, I’m indifferent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 1/21/2019 at 8:00 PM, iacas said:

The 7-iron has 0.18" of offset. That's almost 4.6mm. A Titleist AP1 has only 3.5mm.

So, yeah, it seems to be quite a bit.

Great to see Ping is offering less offset in a GI iron.   Hopefully they will continue in this direction.

Edited by ColeThornton

6 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Great to see Ping is offering less offset in a GI iron.   Hopefully they will continue in this direction.

The AP1 is the most "GI" Titleist iron-and it has almost 25% less offset.

G410 has a bit less than the G400-I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

9BFCC27C-2509-443E-BB12-58B7AE8F47EC.thumb.jpeg.95cecacc67b61cf6d5bfdcf765d1f542.jpegI personally prefer the club with silver replacing the red.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

27 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

The AP1 is the most "GI" Titleist iron-and it has almost 25% less offset.

G410 has a bit less than the G400-I guess.

Ping says 10% less, but maybe others will follow suit with even less.   It's not like Ping hasn't been copied.

Do you think the important GI features are as good in the AP1.   The MOI, speed off the face, launch angle etc...    I've never tried the AP1s, I appreciate the heads up.

Edited by ColeThornton

9 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Ping says 10% less, but maybe others will follow suit with even less.   It's not like Ping hasn't been copied.

Do you think the important GI features are as good in the AP1.   The MOI, speed off the face, launch angle etc...    I've never tried the AP1s, I appreciate the heads up.

I sent you a PM on the AP1. Let's keep this thread about the Ping G410 irons.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

9BFCC27C-2509-443E-BB12-58B7AE8F47EC.thumb.jpeg.95cecacc67b61cf6d5bfdcf765d1f542.jpegI personally prefer the club with silver replacing the red.

Tell you what, its not a huge amount of colour that has been changed but it makes quite a big difference visually. Looks more classy.

46 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Tell you what, its not a huge amount of colour that has been changed but it makes quite a big difference visually. Looks more classy.

I agree. The red to me just yells ‘look at me I’m a GI club!’

Note: This thread is 1912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!