IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I crunched some numbers...

Hole measurements are prob off a bit but not that much.

Ever think the Pro's don't try to smash it all the time unlike most players, and driving distance depends on the size of the person aswell not just handicap. A 6 foot 2" guy is going to hit it further than a 5 foot 8".

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I think folks should indicate how they know/estimate the distances that they post. Are you distances based on your use of GPS, course markings, driving range flags, etc? The important number is not the distance hit anyways, rather the gap produced between clubs.

I am going to buy a GPS this year's start of the season, last year I bought new clubs. Next year, maybe lessons (then again, who needs lessons? New shoes and bag? )

Driver: 600t 10.5*
3Wood: TBD
Irons: 1 Iron Golf 3i-PW
Putter: O-Blade
Hobby: I enjoy collecting samples of vintage Ping

• Administrator
Phil Mickelson has a clubhead speed in the low 130s

No it's not. Zuback doesn't even hit 130 sometimes.

And dude, it's the Internet. Who cares how far someone says they hit a golf ball?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey everyone, I'm new to the The Sand Trap and this will be my 1st post.

I was just waiting for someone else to post my yardages - that's way easier. Thanks Brugz.

Edit: Add 5 yards to the 7iron and 6 iron, plus I stopped carrying 3 wedges (G/S or G/L depending on the set).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

. . . putter - could probably whack out a good 40 yards

LOL!

When I was young(er), after one really frustrating final hole (3 putt from ~ 10 feet) I tossed my ball in the air and smoked it with a baseball swing -it flew over the clubhouse and onto the practice green (about 80 yards). My playing partners never said a word.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

D: 260-270
4w: not sure yet, just got it
7w: not sure yet, just got it
2i: 210
3i: 198
4i: 187
5i: 175
6i: 165
7i: 154
8i: 145
9i: 132
48PW: 121
52GW: 100
58SW: 85

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

No problem Sean. I actually had to think about the 7 and 6, because usually I'll hit the 7 from 165-180 and the 6 from 175-190. I just figured on a smooth swing the ball would go the minimum of those distances.

I recently made up my mind to carry 3 wedges. I am in the market for a hybrid, but I wasn't sure what to do with my 3 iron. I figure if I get a 20° hybrid, I will be able to hit it more solid and higher than a 3 iron and also fill in my yardage gaps with 3 wedges.
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

and driving distance depends on the size of the person aswell not just handicap. A 6 foot 2" guy is going to hit it further than a 5 foot 8".

A comparison between Jim Furyk and Camilo Villegas would seem to contradict that statement.

When it comes to "average players" I think physical size is even less of a factor. Just about everybody on a Golf course is bigger than me, yet I don't find myself being out-driven by everyone. In fact I can out-drive a relative of mine who is a foot taller and about 100lbs heavier... and he has the "advantage" of using a driver VS my 3-wood off the tee.

A comparison between Jim Furyk and Camilo Villegas would seem to contradict that statement.

Vlilleagas is physically stronger and younger though.

And in your case your just a long hitter, and that long drive guy world champion (I forgot his name) Is small but has a huge swing. I'm saying on average taller people hit it further.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Vlilleagas is physically stronger and younger though.

And they have more sex too. It's a fact.

Todays estimates at the range.

Driver 210yds
3 wood 200yds
3iron 180yds
5iron 150 yds
7iron 130 yds
9iron 115 yds
PW 110yds

New to playing golf "properly", ie. with lessons and stuff.
Interesting to see how swing faults are amplified on long clubs, and I suppose that helps explain to me the small gap between 3wood and driver for instance, in fact sometimes they are interchangeable.

Distance isnt everything, you still have to hit your irons and chip and putt. The farthest ive ever hit a golf ball is about 270 yards and ive done that several times, ill get a drive like that maybe once a month or about as often as Ill get a birdie, though never at the same time, as all my birdies except 2 came on par 3's. Usually if i hit a great drive, i have trouble hitting another good shot after it. Some guys can hit their driver really far but cant do anything else well thats why they dont score well. So what if some guy can outdrive me by 50 yards or more if after the 2nd shot im just as close to the hole as he is, both of us chipping to try to save par. It looks impressive to go to the range and crush your driver. Its not so glamorous hitting irons or practicing chipping and putting. Your score on the card doesnt look more impressive if you hit it farther than someone else, only if it took you less shots on that hole. A guy driving the green on a par 4 and 3 putting gets the same score as the guy who takes 2 shots, one chip and one putt, par either way(the second guy sounds more like me most of the time)

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

And they have more sex too. It's a fact.

PS. This was clearly sarcasm - statistics may indicate that taller people have more sex, but anyone with a brain can probably think of examples to the contrary - just like the impression that all tall golfers have an inherent distance advantage.

BTW - thanks for the negative feedback, Butch.

just like the impression that all tall golfers have an inherent distance advantage.

Think about it.

If the person is taller the club will have to travel further so there's more of an oppertunity to accelerate the club, yes some shorter people will hit it longer than some taller people the majority should hit it further. That's just what I think maybe I'm wrong.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Think about it.

There's more opportunity for a lot of things to happen - things to go awry. A tall golfer with a long driver can probably generate more clubhead speed than a really short person with a short shafted driver. An average height person with sound fundamentals hitting the sweet spot may out drive them both. Not every tall person can hit a longer drive. That was my point. And besides, my second reply was basically to say thank you to the fake profile dude for his gift of negative reputation points.

Driver - 270 yards
3-wood - 235 yards
hybrid - 210 yards
4 iron - 190 yards
5 iron - 180 yards
6 iron - 170 yards
7 iron - 160 yards
8 iron - 148 yards
9 iron - 136 yards
PW - 125 yards
GW - 108 yards
SW - 90 yards (although I only hit it inside 85)

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Ok, I crunched some numbers...

Keep in mind most players on the PGA Tour play a strategic game. They don't always hit their driver off the tee. Most amaeturs over a 10 HI I would assume plays driver on everything but a Par 3. Heck, their's a Par 3 at a course I play quite often that's a 215 yard Par 3. I use my driver off the tee every time and am lucky to get to front of the green.

Doesn't mean everyone on here is telling the truth about their yardages, and I'm sure their are the one's who add a few yards on, but who cares. It's not affecting me any.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Note: This thread is 970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!