IGNORED

Obama Won!

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he does well. He wasn't my choice, but let's see what he can do.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Woot!

Anyone watching McCain's speech atm?

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Now im poor

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Im so depressed i cant even blink...

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

"This call for a worldwide fellowship that lifts neighborly concern beyond one's tribe, race, class, and nation is in reality a call for an all-embracing and unconditional love for all mankind. This oft misunderstood, this oft misinterpreted concept, so readily dismissed by the Nietzsches of the world as a weak and cowardly force, has now become an absolute necessity for the survival of man. When I speak of love I am not speaking of some sentimental and weak response. I am not speaking of that force which is just emotional bosh. I am speaking of that force which all of the great religions have seen as the supreme unifying principle of life. Love is somehow the key that unlocks the door which leads to ultimate reality." --Martin Luther King, Jr., 1967

Nothing can appropriately describe the significance of this moment. This is not merely the story of one country turning the page on its history of race relations. This is the story of one world at long last moving away from the past reality of Western colonialism. Not only does this election mean that an African-American can lead this country, but that the descendents of a people subject to territorial rule and exploited as capital can now stand upon truly equal footing with the descendents of a people who once conquered them. This is a watershed moment not only in American history, but in global history.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

text books are being reprinted and destroyed as we speak =] pretty cool that we got to experience something this big in history arguably some of the BIGGEST things in history, 911, iraq war, obama, possibly even more to add to the list,

im just happy im alive to witness this stuff, its going to be pretty neat when my kid comes to ask me questions about it while hes doing a report about it in school some decade or 2 from now

whether you voted for obama or not, its pretty cool =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

When this was announced, did anyone else think that this may help pave the way for a future President Woods?

I like this attitude.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When this was announced, did anyone else think that this may help pave the way for a future President Woods?

Heck yah, that would be awesome!

Make golf the official sport of the U.S.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Yay! Now I need him to carry Indiana (where I grew up) and for Props 4 and 8 to fail here in California and my night will be perfect.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

This is a mature and insightful statement. Rather than rejecting Obama fully, Smallville (if I read his post correctly) is giving the President-elect a "temporary mandate" of sorts so that Obama has a chance to do good for the country; in other words, Smallville has placed the interests of his country above his own political interests. It's refreshing to hear someone with this opinion in today's extreme partisanship.

Smallville's statement reminds me of what John Wayne, a die-hard Republican and avid Nixon supporter, said about Kennedy (who defeated Nixon) in 1960: "I didn’t vote for him, but he’s my president, and I hope he does a good job."

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Me too, very pro-America, very inclusionary. Good luck, President Obama! (You're going to need it)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The world is saved!

Let us NOT get carried away!! Give credit to Obama and his staff for running a high class campaign that was essentially "error free" except for his comments about blue collar people in Pennsylvania who cling to guns and religion. Also, let us remember what made this possible:

1. The established record of Bush and Cheney and the Republican Congress (that had the majority in both Houses until two years ago). The war in Iraq, the immigration issue, the mess of bad administration after Katrina hit (remember Michael Brown?), the disgraceful use of the Attorney General's office (remember Alberto Gonzalez?), THE FAILURE to get bin Laden, the foolish attempt to lease the operation of our ports to the Arab emirate that financed the attack on the US on September 11, 2001, etc, etc gave the current Administration the lowest approval ratings since Richard Milhouse Nixon!! Any Republican running for President had the "weight of an anchor" around his or her neck because of George W. Bush and Richard Cheney. 2. The economy. We all know it. McCain had the clear advantage in foreign affairs, National Security, experience, and trust. Once the economy went into the tank, and McCain was saddled with the following, there was NO way he would win: 1. His selection of one of the "Culprits of the Collapse", former Senator Phil Gramm as his co-Chairman. The notorious sponsor of the law that replaced the Glass Steagall Act and let loose the financial industry to "do whatever the Hell they want to", told US, the middle class that a recession was "only in our heads" and we were a bunch of "whiners". Even though McCain fired Gramm, the damage was already done. 2. McCain's comment that after 26 years in the US Senate, he still did not know "anything about the economy". 3. His past record as one of the "Keating Five", who were so COZY with Charlie Keating of the Lincoln Savings and Loan, whose collapse caused an expense to US TAXPAYERS of over $2 billion. You would have thought that McCain and THE REST OF THE SENATE would have learned a valuable lesson about NOT TRUSTING THE LEADERS OF THE FINANCE INDUSTRY!!! 4. The "suspension" of his campaign to RUSH BACK to Washington to "solve the CRISIS", with the result that he backed the BAILOUT PLAN of George W. Bush, which was REJECTED by the House members of HIS OWN PARTY!! McCain was on the "outside looking in", instead of the REAL LEADER OF HIS OWN PARTY!!! During this same period, Obama appeared thoughtful, concerned about the people losing their jobs and homes, and ready to do a "RESCUE PLAN" and NOT a BAILOUT PLAN like the one concocted by the former Goldman Sachs Executive, Henry Paulson, George W. Bush's Secretary of the Treasury. This country is in BAD SHAPE, and the government deficits will limit the new President's ability to do much. The US auto industry must face the inevitable consolidation of GM, Ford, and Chrysler into ONE American auto company, to be called the "New American Motors". Now that the US Treasury has bailed out the investment banks of Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs and bought the stock of the large banks, including Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, etc., THE GOVERNMENT CAN CALL THE SHOTS AND LIMIT THE PAY OF THE CEO'S AND OTHER EXECUTIVES AND ALSO THE BROKERS ON WALL STREET!! "Greed is NOT GOOD", and THE PARTY IS OVER, BANKERS AND BROKERS-----------------the American people will NOW DETERMINE WHAT YOU GET PAID, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT OR QUIT AND GET A REAL JOB!! I CAN GO ON AND ON, and write about Ahmadinejad, Vladimir Putin (George W. Bush's "buddy"), Hugo Chavez, North Korea, and the GREATEST THREAT THAT THE UNITED STATES FACES-----------------------THE CHINESE ARMY AND LEADERSHIP (economic and otherwise), but you get the point. THE UNITED STATES is in a period of DECLINE, and other countries KNOW IT, and are licking their chops waiting to TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE CRIPPLED GIANT!! Barack Obama has his hands full. There are problems that HAVE NO SOLUTIONS. His "honeymoon" will NOT LAST LONG. Bush and Cheney left him and US such a TOTAL MESS that the future generation will see mainly decline and problems, and a lower standard of living.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

While I don't agree with him on pretty much any of his views, 52 percent of America voted for him, Hopefully he'll help the lower class like he strives to do without hurting us upper-middle in the process.

a big part of obama's victory i credit to the efforts of chilidipper, immits, grogger, pjnyc and others for clear explanations of obama's ideas to independents

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

......The US auto industry must face the inevitable consolidation of GM, Ford, and Chrysler into ONE American auto company, to be called the "New American Motors"........

this made me chuckle....you gotta live here to understand

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Administrator
This is a mature and insightful statement. Rather than rejecting Obama fully, Smallville (if I read his post correctly) is giving the President-elect a "temporary mandate" of sorts so that Obama has a chance to do good for the country; in other words, Smallville has placed the interests of his country above his own political interests. It's refreshing to hear someone with this opinion in today's extreme partisanship.

No offense to anyone here - particularly Smallville - but this reminds me of Chris Rock's piece about "getting credit for things you're supposed to do." What the heck would you expect a normal American to say? "I didn't vote for him, so I'm pissed and our country is going into ruins?" That'd be stupid. I'd respect that person less.

But "Oh well, I lost, and we have a new President." Of course that's the normal reaction. "I didn't vote for him, but let's see what he can do" should always be the attitude. It's what you're supposed to do . Anything less would be childish. I'm curious what he'll do. He's relatively untested and relatively fresh. That could be good or bad. I'm not particularly looking forward to Democratic control of the White House, Senate, and House of Reps, but the country will still be here in four or two years and people can vote then if the worst happens. You'd have to be an awfully big ass to say something like "He's not my President" (it's not lost on me that a lot of Dems said that after the 2004 election). So I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd prefer if people aren't congratulated for simply being normal and feeling the way they should feel after an election. You're basically saying "Good job on not being a jerk!" But that's just me, and I don't take compliments well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!