IGNORED

Scotty Cameron and Aftermarket Weights

Note: This thread is 3347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to chuckle a little at this.  Unless things have changed drastically, Scotty Cameron putter heads are made by third party suppliers. There are multiple processes involved and go back and forth between Titleist/Acushnet  and the vendors before they are finally assembled at the Titleist plant. This I know, as I was the one at the time who maintained a tracking database of exactly where the components were at any given time.  I had a heck of a time getting their accounting records to agree with mine. What they reported to me that they "had" often did not add up to what my database indicated. Inventory control was a joke.  Now, this in no way diminishes the care Scotty puts into the design and they are a quality product. Hopefully they have "fixed" that glitch in the system and are holding the vendors to a higher degree of responsibility.
f

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SC sells after market weights on their site as well, so there's no need to send your putter to the Custom Shop.

The SC weights, like everything else from SC are sold at a premium price over the other option and don't come in all the colors and designs the others do, but if you're concerned about damaging your putter they would be your best bet, short of sending your putter for a spa treatment.

I have heard some of the aftermarket weights don't fit right and ruin the threads on the putter but that could be fear and doubt disseminated from the SC fanatics.

Joe Paradiso

• 11 months later...

As we mentioned before, this is a funny as hell thread. I bought a long Scotty Cameron Kombi Studio Select putter, chopped it off at the top of the long grip, and gave it a round. The length and shaft angle were wrong since it was not designed to be a short putter. So I got a torch, heated up the elbow near the putter head and gave it a few good pushes to change the angle to something more manageable.

It was still too heavy, and I didn't have the proper tool to take out the center weight, but noticed that it was a hex-key shape. So, I went to the dollar store and bought a set of Allen Wrenches. Then, I got out my Dremel tool, ground down each side of the next biggest size Allen Wrench until I could tap it into the screws with the handle of a screwdriver. A little squirt of WD40 and some elbow grease, that center weight came right out just as smooth as diarrhea from a baby's bottom.

To get the heel and toe weights out, I got the same torch, turned it on my golf shoe spike repair tool, then bent the spikes a little outwards. A little squirt of WD40, and some elbow grease, got those out as well just as smooth as Elton John came out.

I'm sorry, how much does Scotty want to do the same thing, and how long does he want to keep my putter?

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. I've got some golf to play.

• Upvote 1

As we mentioned before, this is a funny as hell thread. I bought a long Scotty Cameron Kombi Studio Select putter, chopped it off at the top of the long grip, and gave it a round. The length and shaft angle were wrong since it was not designed to be a short putter. So I got a torch, heated up the elbow near the putter head and gave it a few good pushes to change the angle to something more manageable. It was still too heavy, and I didn't have the proper tool to take out the center weight, but noticed that it was a hex-key shape. So, I went to the dollar store and bought a set of Allen Wrenches. Then, I got out my Dremel tool, ground down each side of the next biggest size Allen Wrench until I could tap it into the screws with the handle of a screwdriver. A little squirt of WD40 and some elbow grease, that center weight came right out just as smooth as diarrhea from a baby's bottom.  To get the heel and toe weights out, I got the same torch, turned it on my golf shoe spike repair tool, then bent the spikes a little outwards. A little squirt of WD40, and some elbow grease, got those out as well just as smooth as Elton John came out.  I'm sorry, how much does Scotty want to do the same thing, and how long does he want to keep my putter?  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. I've got some golf to play.

Well, at least you'll never have to worry about anyone stealing that particular putter! ;-) Welcome to the site. Stick around! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Thanks braddah :beer: .

While the angle looked pretty good after torching and torquing it, I went out and bought a cheapo putter that had "850g" on a sticker on it, that the shaft will fit my Scotty Cameron Kombi head. So, I removed the head, and will soon weigh both of them to see if I can adjust the weights a tad on my SC to make it feel right for me.

Hopefully my modifications will get Scotty Cameron's seal of approval. If not, oh dear! What shall I do? :-P

Is there a difference in the weights SC uses for their putters? I have a 2014 SC squareback and I would like to change the 10g weights to 15g or 20g weights? I do not mind if they are aftermarket as long as they fit. Any recommendations?

• Upvote 1

Is there a difference in the weights SC uses for their putters? I have a 2014 SC squareback and I would like to change the 10g weights to 15g or 20g weights? I do not mind if they are aftermarket as long as they fit. Any recommendations?

The weights for the Square Back and Fast Back are different than for other SC putters (Newport, Futura X, GoLo)  so make sure the weights you buy are for SB/FB.  I've used aftermarket weights in all my SC putters without a problem, even in a new Fastback.

Joe Paradiso

• 3 weeks later...
My squareback and I believe the 15g weights feel better.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered the 40 g weights that you show the link for. They fit fine. there is even a little room in the cavity for some tungsten putty if you want to make it a little heavier. I need a digital scale to get both balls of putty the same weight! LOL! I have found 30 g weights with the cherry red paint filled center before although they are not available right now on ebay. If any one knows where to get 40 g weights for a SQUAREBACK with the paint circles PLEASE POST THE LINK!!!

These work although I am trying to find them w/ paint filled center. They used to be available up to 30 g, I need 40g. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=40%20gr%20WEIGHTS%20FITS%20SCOTTY%20CAMERON%20FASTBACK%20SQUAREBACK&_itemId=220551044642

• 3 months later...

Do the weights you linked fit a Newport 2?

Fastback and Squareback use different weights than the Newport 2.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 months later...

I have a 2014 Scotty Squareback they are nice and balanced but not perfect. The 3 dots behind the face fell off already and they are less than 3 months old. So aftermarket stuff aint perfect so is the SC putters. I am trying to buy an aftermarket weight 15g plus a tool any recommendations? thanks

I have a 2014 Scotty Squareback they are nice and balanced but not perfect. The 3 dots behind the face fell off already and they are less than 3 months old. So aftermarket stuff aint perfect so is the SC putters. I am trying to buy an aftermarket weight 15g plus a tool any recommendations? thanks

I'd call Titleist. For what you paid for that putter, those dots shouldn't have fallen off.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

"Fell off"? Those are paint-fill, aren't they?. Where did you get the putter? Are you 100% sure that it's genuine?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

"Fell off"? Those are paint-fill, aren't they?.

Where did you get the putter? Are you 100% sure that it's genuine?

No they are like a plastic they stick into the hole. It was given as a gift by my wife who bought it from a Golf USA store on Guam for $399 when they first came out. I wanted a 35 with the 15g weights but she got me a 35" with the 10g weights because they don't come standard with 15g weights in 35" length.

I'd call Titleist. For what you paid for that putter, those dots shouldn't have fallen off.

I would but their support here is not that great and I don't know if I can send it to them. Nike has the best support system on Guam I bought a pair of TW13 shoes for my son and it leaked water inside when he would play and Nike just told me to return it to the store and they replaced it with a TW14 for free. The dots don't bother me at all I just think that for that price quality should be up there.

Are you putting past the hole? I have both weight sets for my scotty and the net is that the lighter head weights send the ball further for me with a light momentum. The grass is what dictates this for me though, as I play on a lot of southeastern burmuda.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Note: This thread is 3347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!