IGNORED

Golf wives

leftcoastsrt04
Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well the wifey is pregnant and out of the golf game for a while and her birthday is coming up. She is a golf freak and I can't buy her a new set of clubs till the baby is born and I can get her fitted for her dream set. So I don't know what to get her for the b day to appease her golf fix. Any ideas? So far got her some shoes, gloves, hats and some shirts. She let me get everything golf I own no matter what it was and I want to match her enthusiasm. Any ideas?
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

GPS...if she doesn't have one already.

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*
Fairway: Wood Nike Sasquatch 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 585 21*
Irons: AP2 4 - PW
Wedges: Scratch 53* 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Sounds like you made some good purchases...how about some good books to go with it. I've really enjoyed some good reads like "A Course Called Ireland" by Tom Coyne. Mark Frost has some good ones like "The Greatest Game Ever Played" , "The Match", "The Grand Slam, Bobby Jones Story"... Theres also alot of good Biographies out there. Just a thought...

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Say bye-bye to golf! My wife and I had a son two years ago and she went from playing 4 rounds a month to 4 rounds a year. I on the other hand have continued to play every Saturday and Sunday with the exception of birthday parties, major holidays and anniversaries.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Say bye-bye to golf! My wife and I had a son two years ago and she went from playing 4 rounds a month to 4 rounds a year. I on the other hand have continued to play every Saturday and Sunday with the exception of birthday parties, major holidays and anniversaries.

We have to kids already and golf has been pretty consistent. She really loves the game.

Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Its great that your wife loves the game, many times you read how most guys play golf to get away from their wife and out of the house. It seems you have some good ideas for gifts already. If she is too far along to play(as I assume thats what you mean) maybe more traditional non-golf gifts might be in order like a nice dinner out or flowers, especially if thats not something you normally do very often to surprise her. Im single myself but to have a wife or girlfriend that loves to play as well I would appreciate that very much as many times I play alone during the week or with just a couple of friends on weekends.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

We have to kids already and golf has been pretty consistent. She really loves the game.

That is so awesome! So jealous!

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I was really worried when she decided to give golf a try that she would love it and I would never be able to play alone or with friends without hearing about her not being able to play. The first time she played alone she immediately understood. Golf is really important to me as it is with every member on the forum, I feel blessed to have a wife who shares my passion.

I was really worried when she decided to give golf a try that she would love it and I would never be able to play alone or with friends without hearing about her not being able to play. The first time she played alone she immediately understood. Golf is really important to me as it is with every member on the forum, I feel blessed to have a wife who shares my passion.

before we had kids i basically only golfed w my wife

she is an ex softball player, and no word of a lie has a SS of 90+ mph .....she uses a man's driver, my old 905R to be exact - trimmed and gripped to her "standards" from the forward tees she used to consistently shoot high 40's and low 50's on nine........she beats a couple of my buddies after we had our 1st, she rarley golfs now....shw wants to, but its tough for us as we only have her mom/dad to look after our girl i have a job that allows me to golf mid week and she "lets" me golf one day on the w/e....which still puts me at 2-3 rounds a week i recently gave up my second passions, backcountry snowmobiling.....which can increased my golf budget and time to play... anyways to the OP......sounds like u already have some great gifts what about a "get out of the house card"....? with 2 kids already and one on the way, she will want to get out for a bit and take a break make her a little card that she can use to get out and go shopping, or golfing or whatever she wants to do to relax??? u take the kids and she gets some "girl" time???????? i think this would be a good mix WITH the golf gear u already gave her.. then when she gets back into the game, get her fitted for her dream set just a suggestion, from a fellwo golfer, husband and dad
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

How pregnant is she? Didn't several LPGA players play in the early stages of pregnancy, some of whom saying they would putt better in that state?

The reading is a good idea; if she's up for video games, maybe get a non-Wii version (only because she probably won't want the physical aspect of the Wii as the kid edges along the way). That way, if she can't actually swing a club, she can watch someone who looks like her break 70 at Oakmont or Bethpage (or whatever, based on version of the game).

Or maybe a golf-based ... whatever the thing that goes over the crib is called. You know, for that upcoming golfer sharing space with her at the moment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you could get her a certeficate for a fitting after the baby
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I tried to introduce Mrs burnabao to the game this time last year in the hope of achieving what you already have done (you lucky devil) - needless to say she couldn't stand it! She has neither the patience, nor the inclination to "hit a little white ball into a stupid hole". The big upshot for me was that she's now really good about me playing every weekend - I think she might feel a little guilty that she didn't want to share my hobby with me!

Motocaddy S3
MX700 10.5° Driver; Aldila VS Proto 65R
MX700 5W; Aldila VS Proto 85R
MX700 20°, 23°; Exsar HS4R
MX300 5-PW; FST KBS Tour R MP-T 51°, 56°, 60°; Dynalite XP Gold S300Bettinardi BlackCarbon BC1Bridgestone e6+ balls

Congrats on a super playing partner.

It's cool to have shared hobbies. My wife is my best friend but she would seriously disapprove of how I cuss the ball. :)

How about some golf related art?

A nicely matted & framed golf painting may be a hit.

One thing (more of household item) we love around here are the large Tervis tumblers. I've bought them from Augusta National, my college, other golf courses etc. Best drinking cups ever made...insulated, don't sweat, lifetime of use and etc.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

You're a lucky man to have a partner that not only allows you to indulge in the game of golf, but also enjoys it herself. My wife will occasionally go to the range with me that's about it.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

Congrats on a super playing partner.

Did not think about paintings or framed golf photo's. Thank you sir, researching now.

Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!