IGNORED

What's in the Bag: President Obama

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever wonder what clubs President Obama plays with? You'll notice he has an embroidered presidential seal and "44" on his bag.  I guess when you're the most powerful man in the world you don't have to adhere to the 15 club rule Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson and U.S. Ryder Cup captain Davis Love gave the president golf clubs last summer along with a personal invitation to the 2012 Ryder Cup in Chicago, but none of those clubs appeared to be in his bag except maybe the PING putter.

6a00d8341caaef53ef016764f2c9eb970b-800wi.jpg

Barack-Obama-Golf-Clubs_640x600

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey he's got a nice set there. Anyone know what scores he shoots? And where does he play? Is there a special course near the white house?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Hey he's got a nice set there. Anyone know what scores he shoots? And where does he play? Is there a special course near the white house?

He played 90 rounds total between his inauguration and the end of 2011...so he plays 2 to 3 times a week on average.  He's played all over, but mostly on military base golf courses.  I think he shoots 90 to 100 most days.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

He plays at Andrews Air Force Base.  There are 2 or 3 courses there.  I don't think its generally open to the public, though I could be wrong.  I played there last year with my father-in-law, who is in the military.  Obama is a 17 handicap.

I thought the same thing re the cooler.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I played golf at Andrews AFB back around 1998 and I asked the guy at the pro-shop about the President.  At the time, they said they just close the hole before and the hole after when the President is on the course which I thought was kind of amazing.  Now I imagine that may have changed a little since 9/11 and everything, but maybe not considering the restrictions to get on an Air Force base in the first place.

Would be kind of funny to be on the course and hook one into the wrong fairway, then get harassed by 20 secret service guys.  Also, it would be kind of interesting playing off the wrong fairway (if they let you) while having the President watching.  Talk about nerves and pressure, you better not shank it anywhere near the President's group or you may never be heard from again!

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

I don't recall where I heard it this, but my understanding is that they now shut down one of the courses while he is there.  There are a couple courses there so you might still see him though.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Two putters?  Typical wishy-washy Democrat!

John Kerry probably has four.

• Upvote 1

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

Two putters?  Typical wishy-washy Democrat!

John Kerry probably has four.

uh right. And George Bush used a putter to find those weapons of mass destruction. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that he has 16+ clubs in his bag...........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by dsc123

Obama is a 17 handicap.

Errrr....a very brief perusal of Youtube would not support that statement.

It may well be the "official" line, though.

You'd be looking at 30.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that he has 16+ clubs in his bag...........

already kind of been said...but at least he has a full bag....our last president was quite a few clubs short of a full bag....

Edit: Shows you how slow I am...I just noticed he is left handed too...I had no idea.

Just imagine how much it costs taxpayers every time he tees it up.   The security details, transportation(motorcade and marine 1)...etc, etc, etc.....

Every time Obama tees it up, it probably averages close to $100,000 in tax payer dollars spent..... When he takes his family on vacation every six weeks....it's Millions.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Just imagine how much it costs taxpayers every time he tees it up.   The security details, transportation(motorcade and marine 1)...etc, etc, etc.....

Every time Obama tees it up, it probably averages close to $100,000 in tax payer dollars spent..... When he takes his family on vacation every six weeks....it's Millions.

Not a fan...but a drop in the bucket.  How long do you think bill gates wealth could keep the country running for?

Could be he packs extra clubs and takes out the ones he won't use for that round.  I have a couple of extra wedges and a 3 iron that I carry in the bag in the car, but take out what I don't need for the round.

I knew he was a lefty.  G.H.W Bush, and Clinton were lefties as well.  Not sure about GW.

As for vacations, GW took more days than any other president ever.  Frankly, I have no problem with that, because they are never really on vacation.  I didn't vote for GW, but respect the office and the incredible stress they are under.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!